Watmough, Menzies and King named for City

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Volley

Bencher
I like King and all, but no way should he have been picked for City. Watmough and Menzies, well done, it's deserved.

A bit miffed that he got city announcement but Menzies has been playing his best footy in years and choc deserves the jersey as well. Watmough has turned around an ok season last year into a great season this year and will be a player to be remebered in years to come. I am sure he has kennedy to thank as it is an attitude and maturity thing that has changed, he has always had the skill

It is going to be a ripper game. City backrow is dominant, Watmough O'Donnell and Beaver.

The thing that pisses me off about the Jason King selection, is that now he will think that he is doing enough to warrant selection. And in fact he is far from doing enough.

I hope Jason King doesn't pass the fitness test and is therefore eligable to play for us without having to back up. We really can't afford any more injuries.

congratulations to those 4 eagles.great to see us back in the rep ranks.watmough will play origin bench IMO.beaver should but probably wont get picked.

Kite also got into COUNTRY, which answers my question about if he's out or not. Looks like King and Kite have pulled up OK after the Broncos match, let's just hope they play and don't sustain any injures this Friday night so they can play on Sunday.

not so magic_menzies, fitness test tommorrow

cant remember one stand out moment in regards to Kingey since his return! hes struggles to get off our bench!

Good on Choc and Beaver, well deserved, Kitey as well, he has been solid and should be afforded a selection simply on his awesome form in last years SoO.

he only made 114 metres in a losing side against the broncos.

We all know how good he is. Its about time hes getting some recognition for previous times. Hes our best prop when on form.

well hes been injured. everyone seems to forget his talent due to injury.. like Randall as well.

Quick to judge most of you. They are both very young and manly juniors. Give them some more support guys.

Ive noticed we have Witt and King and Randall as the ones to bash after a loss. Dunley was poor in my opinion. Nothing about him. Stewart and Donald worst on the pitch. Nothing said...

Lets not be biased guys. Kingy had a good game. Credit where credit is due. I guess im the only one that is happy Kingy has gotten recognition for his talent. On ya Kingy

Actually ead through the other pages Lots was said about Donald and stewart, in fact most people are speaking with their mice, in survivor.

Dunley had another ok game, he has played better but there werent many on the field that hasn't.

Fact is King and Randall are not the best players in the team. Randall has not been a shadow on the Willo/Dunley combination.

I think Kingy has actualy had some good games this year but again he is no where near his best. We discuss these players on their merits from the games and not all of us agee, you are guilty of tarring all with the same brush.

I personally think Witt and Kingy have been ok this year, but not great.

As I said in my original post, I like King, but I don't think he deserves City selction as of yet. If he could get through a season uninjured, he could be anything.

theyve both come from quite a few injuries ( Randall and King ). Randall hasnt had much time to prove himself. especially as Dunley steals half his minutes too.

Well his last 2 weeks he has cracked 100m, thats not a bad effort - but now it gets no reconigtion.

From 4 games he averages .5 missed tackles and .5 errors, less than all the forwards.

I dont think he deserves a jumper but he has been going better than he gets credit - he is marked as a SOO player here

he didnt miss many tackles on friday as he was barely on the field!

he came on when Bennet took all his guns off and rested them for some serious footy!

pepsi looks for hand up icon!!!!

heheh im not a king hater, i was there at gosford when he busted raiders defence and ran lenghth of field !!!!

I merely have suggested that he isnt a shadown of the player that he was , he would be ranked fourth ( on form) amongst our four props of Kylie/King/Kite/Hecks at the moment and should not have been even considered for rep footy.

Fluffy, i dont think this makes me a King Hater, i dont hate anyone who plays for the eagles, mayby i just set high standards for the maroon and white jersey ? I must admit, as everyone knows it pissed me off to see him discussing rep football with journos this last week. I would have suggested he should be out the back practicing catching passes!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6