Watkins, Trinder, Crabb, Koroi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

girvie

Hi,

can anyone tell me about these players:
Daniel Watkins, - 2005 Premier League, 2004 Jersey Flegg
Aaron Trinder, - 2005 Premier League
Brendan Crabb - 2005 Jersey Flegg
Suli Koroibulileka - 2005 Jersey Flegg

Can you tell me what type of players they are or anything at all about them?

Do you have any photos of them?

Thanks

Kiwigirl might be a good source - she knows the youngies well as her son plays in the lower grades. Darren, who visits here from time to time also has a good knowledge of the age teams and hopefully can tell you something. You could PM them to flag their attention.

hi Girvie,

Daniel watkins is a winger, hasnt set the world on fire, I doubt he will go much further than PL, average speed,

Aaron Trinder is a 2nd row/front row who mostly came off the bench in PL, solid player , won't make NRL

Brendan Crabb, 1/2 or hooker, good ball skills, reasonable kicking game, but too slow to make an impact, 2-3 years ago had potential very alike jason ferris, hasnt got the speed to go further

Big wraps on Suli, came from bulldogs, built like a tank, he was too big when he came here however I heard they really rate his skill, plays front row, I'm interested to watch him this year, see if trainers have reduced his size, could be a good possibility, looks like webcke type, small and solid

in terms of NRL, my opinion only suli could make it, hope this helps

I watched Suli a few times this year and he has size but not mobility. Not sure if he would have the fitness or dedication to make NRL standard as he seemed to struggle with the pace of flegg at times. Particularly in the game against the dragons at brookie oval at the end of the season.

If the word on MSE is correct we have signed another big front rower by the name of Sione Finefeuiaki who used to play for Roosters and the Storm.

I think he played in Newcastle last year and could be a good impact player if we can get him fit. No doubt Ox and bell have recomended him to the club.

If he is comming to manly he will certainly add mongrel to the pack as he is a fearsome looking bloke. And huge too. Hopefully he can play football too. I suppose if he can make 2 hit ups for 20 metres a game he will probably be in FG.

Are they thinking of going to the Bears Girvie? Or is your club thinking of approaching them?

KG - from the bears website. They indicate that they have already signed them for their PL side.

Brendan Crabb – A halfback or five-eighth signed from Manly where he has played a mixture of Jersey Flegg and Premier League between 2003 and 2005. He played Jersey Flegg for the Bears back in 2002 (when we were known as the Central Coast Bears).

Suli Koroibulileka – A prop from Manly Jersey Flegg. He previously played with Canterbury Jersey Flegg. He is a Fiji A representative.

Aaron Trinder – A second row or prop who has played with Manly Premier League for the last two seasons and played for the Newtown Jets between 2001 and 2003. He is a former Junior Kiwi.

Daniel Watkins – A winger or fullback from Manly Premier League. He won the Manly Jersey Flegg Best and Fairest Award in 2004.

Looks like a done deal. I don't know much about any of them, except Trinder just played in the NSW Maori side which won the tournament in Rotorua and he's from the same area as me. Suli, has possibilities but I was expecting more from a guy his size as in, I felt he needed a big push! If he dedicates himself I'm sure he will do well.

Can anyone tell me if Brendan Crabb or Daniel Watkins are pictured in this set of photos?

http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Photos/Training/PL%20-%20Guy%20Leech%20Manly%20Warf/20051119%20-%20PL%20Training%20With%20Guy%20Leech.htm

Thanks.

I see Norths have also signed another one of our Jersey Flegg players in Reihana Peters. Does anyone know anything about him?

JUNIOR KIWI SIGNS FOR THE BEARS
16th November 2005

Junior Kiwi star, Reihana Peters has signed on with the North Sydney Bears Premier League side for season 2006.

Like his 2005 counterpart, Chris Tuatara, ‘Razor’ is hoping to cement a starting position in the Bears Premier League squad at just 19 years of age.

Still eligible to play Jersey Flegg for 2006, North Sydney have secured his signature which 3 other clubs were vying for.

Reihana played for the Junior Kiwis in 2003 in which they were successful over the Australian Schoolboys 12-8. Playing for Australia that day were no other than Benji Marshall and Karmichael Hunt.

The young Kiwi started the 2005 season playing for the Narraweena Hawks A grade side under coach Chris Reilly. After just a few games Josh White saw something special in the kid and gave him a go in the Manly Sea Eagles Jersey Flegg side. Once in the side he started the rest of his games in the 2nd row and made the position his own.

Chris Reilly explained, "Reihana is such a classy player. He takes the ball up all day and constantly puts on the big hits. He is a tremendous team player" Alongside Reihana in the Narraweena side were Cliffy Lyons and Jim Serdaris. "He has played with and against some world class players and has shown he can mix it with the best".

I see Norths have also signed another one of our Jersey Flegg players in Reihana Peters. Does anyone know anything about him?

16th November 2005

Junior Kiwi star, Reihana Peters has signed on with the North Sydney Bears Premier League side for season 2006.

Never heard of him Tookey.

Girvie - I doubt it but you may want to send a PM to Byso to check.

[quote author=tookey]

16th November 2005

Never heard of him Tookey.

Girvie - I doubt it but you may want to send a PM to Byso to check.

[/quote]

I suppose we can only assume that he wouldn't make NRL standard if our coaching staff let hm go (lets hope anyway). I think his mate Chris Tatura played for North Curl Curl a couple of years ago and has now been signed by the dogs from the bears. Lets hope neither of these or Suli come back to bite Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4