Watching through Rose-coloured glasses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher

CAN someone please sign Gorgeous George Rose? C'mon Cronulla, Wests Tigers, New Zealand Warriors ... exactly who takes up the challenge, we really don't care.

C'mon Cronulla, Wests Tigers, New Zealand Warriors ... exactly who takes up the challenge, we really don't care.
But to lose this hulking cult figure - to have Gorgeous shipped off to NSW Cup or, worse, England - would be the single biggest league tragedy since Russell Crowe punted cheergirls.
We know the big fella is off contract with Manly and unlikely to earn another deal. Carrying a little extra pudding around his middle, too.
But did you talent scouts not see the big unit in action last night?
Charging forward in attack, banging bodies in defence and stretching that maroon jersey like there was an invisible tug of war taking place around his middle.

Anthony Watmough he ain't. Not exactly in line for an Aerobics Oz Style call up, either.

But with rugby league craving personalities like a Mad Monday does beer, The Daily Telegraph offered Gorgeous the opportunity to deliver his sales pitch.
"What do I bring to a club?" the hulking Walgett Warrior cackled. "Well, for a start there's a lot more to me than just what you see on the field.
"Anyone who signs me, I'll bring happiness to your club. I'll bring you smiles.
"I mean, did you know that when I captained one of our teams in the inter-club cricket match, we won it simply on my ability to bring the boys together? I can't play cricket, I'm hopeless ... we won it with happiness."
You get no argument here.
Especially in this age of cookie-cutter physiques, where hookers look like centres who look like five-eighths who look like lock forwards. An age where, with footballers playing safe and speaking safer, we yearn for someone who is just a tad different.
The Roosters knew you were a threat, George. How else do you explain tattooed assassin is Jared Waerea-Hargreaves attacking your head like it were a pinata?
"Yeah, right on the button," Rose grinned. "Surprised me a little."
Speaking of surprises, save at least a little of your applause for debutant Sea Eagles fullback Peter Hiku. For while this wasn't a great night for the Manly faithful, there are far easier league gigs than replacing Brett Stewart at Brookie.
For a start, you could head up the ASADA investigation. Maybe play human tackle bag at Souths. But stepping in for Snake at the ground where he has scored 67 tries from 72 games? Yeah, right.
Yet despite being introduced via a Mitchell Pearce bomb that went higher than those first space chimps, Hiku did well enough over 80 minutes for even the wonderfully understated Geoff Toovey to label his efforts "good".
For the record, Tooves also said Gorgeous was fine. Just a bit dizzy. Ensuring the only real concern remains the availability of that dotted line for his signature.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/watching-through-rose-coloured-glasses/story-e6frfgff-1226641603362

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4