Wasn't Des meant to shave his head?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevo said:
Let's put a band-aid over free speech!

bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
So apart from advocating assassination we are now also displaying our racism. Classy.

Are you Sheldon from Big Bang Theory ?

No that's Matabele

Stevo, we do not have a right a law for free speech within this country. You are mistaking it for the United States. Saying something can and will get you in trouble in Australia.

Not one completely for censorship, as I think people have the right to make their own decisions, but I think people should self censor what they write and put out there

Cambo said:
I agree with you about racism call me niave here but I think a long bow is being drawn here in this thread.
Phantar said Todd would be circumcised now being racist may have been his intention but really circumcisions are not confined to the Jewish faith in the 70s and 80s in was encouraged for cleanliness reasons.
It's obvious what the comment really meant: 'He's a Jew.'

Yet you defend the comment as an innocent message about personal hygiene??

If you really think that, you are not being naïve, you are being an apologist for racism, plain and simple.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Cambo said:
I agree with you about racism call me niave here but I think a long bow is being drawn here in this thread.
Phantar said Todd would be circumcised now being racist may have been his intention but really circumcisions are not confined to the Jewish faith in the 70s and 80s in was encouraged for cleanliness reasons.
It's obvious what the comment really meant: 'He's a Jew.'

Yet you defend the comment as an innocent message about personal hygiene??

If you really think that, you are not being naïve, you are being an apologist for racism, plain and simple.
Re read my post before you have a hissy fit.
My point was you a drawing a long bow if we are going to say calling someone circumcised is racist.

All this talk of foreskin while i'm chewing on my shaved silverside at my desk is too ****en much guys!

I think the term "drawing a long bow" is a sexist/personal attack on the male gender & the innocent Robin Hood & his merry men.

Jatz Crackers said:
I think the term "drawing a long bow" is a sexist/personal attack on the male gender & the innocent Robin Hood & his merry men.

Lol were they all circumsiced mate.

Anyone here ever told an Irish joke??

Dont get me wrong I agree that racism is not cool, but I think sometimes people go over the top with the racism card.

I was playing touch football one night, there was an asian guy on the opposite team (the only asian guy btw) and I called out, "i've got the asian", when we were defending. He refused to shake my hand after the game and called me a racist.

Complete rubbish. When you are defending in touch footy or whatever sport and you are trying to identify to your team mates who you are marking, you look for things that make them easily identifiable. Sometimes its a cap, sometimes its different coloured boots etc, on this occasion the guy was asian and that was what was the easiest thing about him to identify.

If I was playing a game of touch in China and someone said, ive got the white guy, would I be offended? Absolutely not.

Cambo said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Yes. Apparently they used them for those sling shot type machines that fired on fire hay bales over the moats.

Jatz Crackers said:
Cambo said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Yes. Apparently they used them for those sling shot type machines that fired on fire hay bales over the moats.
That's no impressive my dad sent my Foreskin to Mac trucks to use as a fan belt ;)

clontaago said:
Anyone here ever told an Irish joke??

Dont get me wrong I agree that racism is not cool, but I think sometimes people go over the top with the racism card.

I was playing touch football one night, there was an asian guy on the opposite team (the only asian guy btw) and I called out, "i've got the asian", when we were defending. He refused to shake my hand after the game and called me a racist.

Complete rubbish. When you are defending in touch footy or whatever sport and you are trying to identify to your team mates who you are marking, you look for things that make them easily identifiable. Sometimes its a cap, sometimes its different coloured boots etc, on this occasion the guy was asian and that was what was the easiest thing about him to identify.

If I was playing a game of touch in China and someone said, ive got the white guy, would I be offended? Absolutely not.

Doug it was probably more because you called him a rice burner.

I kid. I kid. I have had a similar experience playing Oz Tag. But being a referee means I know just about everyone who plays now and they know me, so I can call them by name, nick name or in one instance "Tiny Dancer" for a rather large bloke who can twist his hips and dance around like a ballerina

My issue and umbridge with the racism card at the moment, aren't the small jokes about circumcision etc they are fine (and of all races the and creeds, the Jewish laugh at themselves the most)
However the issue I have is when it is used as a form of abuse, as with the threads relating to the bulldogs, people are clearly using it not as a joke but as pure racism and in a form of attack.

That is just purely wrong in my opinion.

Ive been called skippy numerous times. On many occassions the tone was meant to imply an insult.

Ive chosen to look at it as if it was a compliment. Skippy is on the coat of arms and one of the most unique animals on the planet. Who wouldnt love a skippy I ask you.

Daniel said:
it's not just this thread Cambo, it is every thread on the subject. People can't seem to separate race from an issue that has nothing to do with race.

The sad thing is, this is exactly the issue with Australia in general

Would you rather we kicked them out of the country? Because if Australia is wrong its because of them being different to us

On racism I think they are the racist ones, they set up in **** suburbs like Canterbury and make their own little single race community, that's the biggest problem around here, why don't they just integrate like the Italians did way back when

You refering to them as "them or they" is what's wrong.

Sorry that's not racist, Just small minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7