Was Wighton offside?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Offside is ruled in relation to the ball. Forget the player with the ball in hand, it is the loaction of the back most part of a player in relation to the ball.

So in this case, if the ball is on the 10 meter line, assuming a player is running, the very back part (the foot) of the chasing player need to be behind the ball, aka the 10 meter line.

When the blokes in the bunker check for offside I always thought they looked at the position of the feet on the ground. Anyway, here's the rule from the NRL website;

'A player is offside if he has one foot (either on or off the ground) in front of a teammate who ‘last touches, is touched, held or kicked the ball’.

This so-called bunker really stuffed tonight, Horsehead who used to punish us for fun when he officiated our games, misses something so bloody obvious and the bomb that Cotric clearly knocked is given as a line drop out. Sick of the bent rulings that we cop!! Sick that every game is now decided by these idiots and you are not allowed to complain and you can only talk up the game. Tonight our team lost that game through these crap ruling and our own shortcomings in relation to closing a game.

I guess the point tonight is we had a lot of shortcomings. But despite these we would have won regardless had the officiating been up to standard.

If the bunker isnt going to overturn a ruling for a single team, it shouldn't overturn a ruling for any team.

If a hand is in touch its in touch. If a pass is forward its forward. If players attempting a charge down are offiside its a penalty.

Just give teams a level playing for christ's sake. I honestly feel like im watching WWE half the time and teams dont realise its for entertainment over result.

This so-called bunker really stuffed tonight, Horsehead who used to punish us for fun when he officiated our games, misses something so bloody obvious and the bomb that Cotric clearly knocked is given as a line drop out. Sick of the bent rulings that we cop!! Sick that every game is now decided by these idiots and you are not allowed to complain and you can only talk up the game. Tonight our team lost that game through these crap ruling and our own shortcomings in relation to closing a game.

Sshh! sheridanstand78 we are not allowed to blame the referees on this forum.We are not only supposed to defeat the team we are playing but also the referring.

"We have to be better"

But fmd, anyone who thinks "that pass" wasn't forward is seriously deluded.

Also, I'm happy with the onside call.... hate to see one like that taken off us.

c'mon people remember our great leaders instructions:
#talkthegameup

i can't believe i held a straight face all the time i typed that!

Mystery hand under Kelly's head.....

33380499_10155475581542747_4008790476856492032_n.jpg

all good nothing to see here, so i have been told

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8