Was there a platform for Elgey / DCE ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This has been mentioned by Sue and others, but I think out forwards flatter to deceive, and have done for quite some time. Sometimes their numbers are good and they'll make a good run and a big hit here and there, but they never seem to get over the top of other packs and they just don't have enough influence over the outcome of games. In case you haven't noticed, we lose a lot, and teams with dominant forwards tend not to lose too many. It's probably just a matter of cattle. We have more average players than excellent ones across the park, and our forward depth is particularly suspect. So, yeah - over to you, Des.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Hmmm!
Lets see what we get for 2020
In Des and Crusher I Trust!!!!!!
BTW, 2003 we came 15th under Sharpe, before Des got us to 14th in 2004, then top 8 in 2005, top 8 in 2007, GF in 2007 and Premiers in 2008
It takes time, which is why we are the only team that can boast a Premiership every decade over the past 5 decades and grand-finalists every decade over the past 7 decades.
As Darth Vader almost once said - Never Underestimate the POWER of the EAGLE

Platform hasn't been the problem, it's the turnstile 5/8's that have gone through the club since 2016 kicking off with the Walker at 5/8th experiment. There is no decoy for DCE and is being shutdown immediately or pressure is put on him at the end of the set. You can have the best platform in the world but a one trick team will always get shutdown. The last time he had a solid partner was Green and it was no coincidence we went well in 2017. Even the cowboys with the chosen one Thurston and the strong Fwd pack they had couldn't get things to click until Morgan was his halves partner.

There is no instant fix here until/if/when Elgey (who was brought in before Des arrived) steps up and gains confidence to take the pressure off DCE to keep the opposition guessing. It was only one game in poor conditions so it is hard to tell where the team is at so have some faith. In 2017 we started slowly and Green copped heaps but it came together. Even the Tigers have multiple threats from Marshall, Brooks and Farah on the 5th tackle.

Small side note: Noticed an small statistic on Monday's episode of NRL 360:- The last time Farah scored a double was in 2011 @;)

D C E is in his 9 th season of N R L level football and with all of the experience and general coaching expertise that he has acquired at a club and rep level during this time , really should enable him to adapt to or read a game better in any circumstances . He really should not need a baby sitter as a 6 or whatever so to speak , to have an expected and necessary major influence and input for his on field performances . Sure Green did compliment his game reasonably well in 2017 but the forwards generally laid a good platform last season , so not sure why the excuses that were offered up last season and by Barrett in particular for his often indifferent form is very helpful at all and conversely if this continues this season . He will never be a super star but again as a 1 . 3 mill dollar per season half , barring injury niggles and at this stage of his career , really should be able to regularly produce some quality footy and again be able to adjust to any playing circumstances .

The old platform excuse for DCE again?
Not at all mate - this is all opinion based and your views are often pretty damn in your face, but often good imo....play fair and rip in if need be, its a forum for opinion regardless if they vary.
Personally I feel he wasn't given enough time and space by energetic play balls for him to play off....but....his options and execution even considering this factor, were not great.
Throw in some vital missed tackles and it was not a good night for him as halfback and Captain.
I still find him needing to rip in a bit more at team mates like Thurston or Johns did at those vital moments, but he is 1 heck of a player and as a Manly fan, glad we have him.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6