Was that a Dangerous tackle ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Don't think he was acting somehow, if he was how come he couldn't get to the Warriors player who scored the winning try, if not for the back slam Garrick would've had him easily covered. Instead, all's we got was a limping Garrick.
Hi Eagle 1: I didn't say he was acting, in this instance he wasn't & I hope he feels better asap.
What I said was...Garrick often acts injured to gain penalties, and he is a poor actor & that doesn't help his cause.
My comment is just a fact, & a few other players do it also.

Was that a dangerous tackle?

Why bother to ask RL pundits, many of whom are struggling to make sense (possibly due to CTE?).

Just ask Garrick's neurosurgeon. There's your answer.

And it was done either (a) deliberately, with malice, or (b) thoughtlessly, with no regard for Reuben's safety.

Either way, very punishable - at the time in the game and post-game.

Was that a dangerous tackle?

Why bother to ask RL pundits, many of whom are struggling to make sense (possibly due to CTE?).

Just ask Garrick's neurosurgeon. There's your answer.

And it was done either (a) deliberately, with malice, or (b) thoughtlessly, with no regard for Reuben's safety.

Either way, very punishable - at the time in the game and post-game.
we have seen the video ref go back 10 minutes and put them on report, why not 4 days

According to me you ask feathered friend and According to me you will get :)

The fact is Any player can suffer any injury with any tackle
Its a toss of the coin on how a player falls and how other players fall on top of them with any given tackle
What do we do ? Do we change the rules and make it a tackle free game of touch ?

At the end of the day that bouncing ball catch Garrick tackle was ok in the current rule book and the ref ruled accordingly

In Conclusion
We could have easily won this game but we fell short just as we fell short all year in closing close games
If we a made all our tackles count through out the match , Took all the right options and minimised our own errors . We would have won the game. Because that is how good teams win close games

We will agree to disagree and we will both be pissed off once again that our beloved Manly club
will miss the finals once again
Garrick fractured back Bozo…..happy enough? How many fractured backs do you see happen in any tackle unless a player is lifted or tackled mid air!

Hi Eagle 1: I didn't say he was acting, in this instance he wasn't & I hope he feels better asap.
What I said was...Garrick often acts injured to gain penalties, and he is a poor actor & that doesn't help his cause.
BS!!!

If that was Tedesco or Ponga or Mitchell or Walsh and they ended up with a broken back like Reubs has ... the media would be screaming blue murder.

They'd have been screaming about it on Friday when it wasn't deemed a penalty.
That's what I said in another thread, except I used the examples of Cleary, Mitchell or Ponga, but the bottom line is this issue would've been treated a whole lot differently...by the media, ref, bunker and NRL...instead of being waved on. Again it's a case of one rule for some and one rule for others.

So you're inferring that the reason Garrick didn't get the penalty was because he often acts injured and the ref's are wise on this, even though in this case he clearly wasn't acting. Sorry BlokeOTH, I haven't noticed Garrick acting up to get penalties, and don't think Garrick is on the referees radar on milking penalties. On this, I'll have to agree to disagree.

If that was Tedesco or Ponga or Mitchell or Walsh and they ended up with a broken back like Reubs has ... the media would be screaming blue murder.

They'd have been screaming about it on Friday when it wasn't deemed a penalty.
That to me is the big issue here. Reuben (with all due respect) in the NRLs eyes is a nobody.....so who cares? Some of the rubbish that gets spouted by rugby league pundits about duty of care etc.

We have tackles now where the runner falls in the last millisecond.....and basically his head hits the arm of the defender....who is just standing there.....I'm not sure what the defender did wrong....he hit him in the head!!!! Penalty....10 in the bin... must go!!

In this case? Play on....nothing to see? Wtf?

As you point out @HoldenV8 if this was one of the big boys....holy moly there would be hell to pay.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10