Pre-Game Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 22
Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly none of the middles in the BWSE system are deemed to be up to standard so I expect we’ll only see Woodsie if there’s an injury , or maybe to give a forward a 10 minute break somewhere during the game.
Clearly Woods is the Weakest forward link in the NRL
The slow Woods cant even keep up pace at NSW cup level
At NRL level we have all Clearly seen Woods offer nothing more than a big slow body on the field
Many , Many ,Years ago the Sharks and the Dragons retired him for good reason

WTF can anyone tell me why Brown is out??
He’s been enormous for us…

Woods in is just a terrible move. Anyway, on we go
Brown The B52 Destructive Bomber was a very smart choice by the club
Woods on the other hand ..... What the fck were they thinking ?

Aaron Woods guessing comp.
How many meters and post contract meters will he make.
Im guessing he’ll make a total of 15 run meters and 4 post contact
Wish i could earn hundreds of thousands of dollars with numbers like that!

Aaron Woods guessing comp.
How many meters and post contract meters will he make.
Im guessing he’ll make a total of 15 run meters and 4 post contact
Wish i could earn hundreds of thousands of dollars with numbers like that!
$110k min contract you mean , you could earn more as a tradie

I'm surprised Condon wasn't named as Brown's replacement and that we're allowed to get away with it, as opposed to Woods being a development player.

I'm surprised Condon wasn't named as Brown's replacement and that we're allowed to get away with it, as opposed to Woods being a development player.
Supplement players can play from round 1,there are no development players anymore.
It was changed long ago ...
Woods,Hodgson,James and Matterson can all play now,Faulolo for example is unavailable until round 11.
This can change quickly as the club only has 27(26 if Schuster is an auto release) as the club can promote players like Faulalo,Hopoate, Dias etc...into the top 30 or to supplement contracts as you can have a maximum of 6 and we currently have 4.

Not sure that Woods will play much unless an emergency.
Sipley and Bully will spell the props and Woods will probably rest Jake for a short stint.
Lawton will spell Croker or cover some emergencies I guess....

Supplement players can play from round 1,there are no development players anymore.
It was changed long ago ...
Woods,Hodgson,James and Matterson can all play now,Faulolo for example is unavailable until round 11.
This can change quickly as the club only has 27(26 if Schuster is an auto release) as the club can promote players like Faulalo,Hopoate, Dias etc...into the top 30 or to supplement contracts as you can have a maximum of 6 and we currently have 4.
Thanks for that (you learn something new every day)!

The only point I can see to the Woods selection is extremely minimal changes to the rest of the team.

Clearly none of the middles in the BWSE system are deemed to be up to standard so I expect we’ll only see Woodsie if there’s an injury , or maybe to give a forward a 10 minute break somewhere during the game.

All this , move player A to here , then player B to there , and bring on Player C who’s a past first grader (out of favour ) to play here so that player D can move to the bench is just way to much change for a side that are obviously pretty set at present.

So yes , minimal change is the reasoning and clearly none of the other middies in reserves are considered capable enough.
In saying the above, if the number 17 is only going to play 10 mins only then why not let someone younger with a possible future at the club play the 10 minutes to get a taste?

Woods really adds nothing on the field ( and don't get me wrong I like the guy)..

We have a good record against them in Auckland having won 11 of 16 games there. Also a lot of local Sea Eagles supporters to help.
Is going to a very tough assignment but we are certainly in the mix if we bring our A game today !
Go you Sea Eagles!!!
🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅

In saying the above, if the number 17 is only going to play 10 mins only then why not let someone younger with a possible future at the club play the 10 minutes to get a taste?

Woods really adds nothing on the field ( and don't get me wrong I like the guy)..
Okay , which of the BWSE players that are running around right now would you choose ??

Condon
Sykes

Jake Arthur is playing well but he’s a half.

Brad Parker is relatively ineffective.

I struggle to see how on earth the Warriors will be able to contain our strike powers if we are on our game. We saw major improvements in our goal line defence last week so I have no other option now but to update my score prediction even more in favour of the Mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

Manly 36

Warriors 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10