Pre-Game Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 22
Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Parker but this is a sensible call after last week’s result…
It is a tad amusing though that the biggest criticism of Parker is his lack of pace yet he’s probably got Burbo covered…
You make a good point.

and 6 months ago i would have preferred Parker than Burbo in the centers.

Yet the way things are after last week, picking Ben as a center seems the right choice to replace Garrick.

Need more from our meek wingers to play good field position and alleviate pressure from getting pinned down, they are both on last chance saloon for me, especially Paulo

* Update *

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Chris Butler
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski *
Touch Judge

Paki Parkinson
Touch Judge

Karra-Lee Nolan
Standby Touch Judge

Liam Kennedy
Senior Review Official

* Denotes standby referee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parker is well down the pecking order at Backrow as well
He lacks the speed and dynamics of those two powerplay positions
It is about time we upgraded on the Parker play
When you upgrade the only way is up
Want to have a wager who’s faster out of Parker and Burbo over 100 m bozo?

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski *
Touch Judge
What a name! Has there ever been a better name in the NRL, referees and players included?

From what I've seen, I believe there's only 6 players remaining from the 17 that nearly beat them last year in Round 25. Koula and DCE being the only backline players from that game, with Croker, Sipley, Haumole and Jake being the only others.

Going to the game, fizzing. Born and raised in NZ, but dad fell in love with Manly while working over there in the late 70s. Has them tattooed on his arm, so I'm a Manly fan since birth (41ish years). Will be rocking my 90s P&O with pride!
Mate the P&O jersey was my all time fav. I also grew up in nz in the early 90s i got one for my birthday that sadly got pinched from the local pool less than a month after I got it.

I remember Canterbury of nz store where I lived had all the Winfield cup teams from that era. Gee those jerseys were great back then.

I’m still in the lookout for the P&O jersey.

Im actually warming to Paulo now, he seems more assured than Talau especially taking bombs. Talau looks shaky and doesn't hit the line hard enough when doing hit ups.
Paulo is solid under the high ball. Just needs to put more venom into his runs out of our end. Talau is a centre. And depth player for mine.

We always play the Warriors well and really most Wahs fans would say we are one of their real bogey sides. My brothers both support them and I’ve had reg bragging rights over many years.

We always play the Warriors well and really most Wahs fans would say we are one of their real bogey sides. My brothers both support them and I’ve had reg bragging rights over many years.
All those Golden Point games they’ve lost must really **** with their heads

My main concern @Mark from Brisbane is the fact that we have to travel both games after the tough Penrith game. Flying to NZ for another really physical game against the Warriors, flying back and then having to fly again to the GC for a Saturday game has got to leave a team flat, I reckon. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I understand what your saying but that’s part of being a professional footballer.

My main concern @Mark from Brisbane is the fact that we have to travel both games after the tough Penrith game. Flying to NZ for another really physical game against the Warriors, flying back and then having to fly again to the GC for a Saturday game has got to leave a team flat, I reckon. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Thinking about this, might be better just to fly to the GC after the Warriors game and make both games a package deal.

I understand what your saying but that’s part of being a professional footballer.
Yes, absolutely. But sometimes I think we expect too much from athletes when it comes to the ability to recover from multiple tough physical matches. And at the risk of @BOZO jumping on me about making excuses @:)) take Brown from last match. Those runs were awesome but that sort of thing week in week out is unsustainable. Throw in the disruption to routine with getting to airports and flying and time changes. Then returning and a couple of days later more airports, more flights, more disruption to routine. It's understandable that all 17 players may not fit and firing on all cylinders for that game against the Titans.

Now, I'm flying up to watch them play and I expect them to bring their A game and win. So everything I've just written above will of course, be thrown out the window on game day @:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8