Pre-Game Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 22
Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll go early to both games , they’ll be flying today / tomorrow, need to acclimatise to that 2 hour difference.

And they’ll fly back , have a few days off with family and fly to the Goldie Tue / Wed.

There won’t be a lot of hard training done.

They’ll be fine , but as I say I worry about the Titans game , and the longer they go without a win , the greater chance we’ll get rolled.

They play the Faders , in Canberra this weekend so chalk that up as another loss , 5/0 for them , and a HUGE , MASSIVE danger game for us the week after.

Is the one game I’ll be able to attend this year , so let’s see!!
Let's worry about this week's game first warriors are playing a very simple but effective gameplan this year they will be close to full strength and this is a real danger game, they will be very hard to beat over in NZ

Don't get me wrong titans are specials next week to win us being down a bit and titans due for a win, you just know des will have them up for it.

Perhaps a big part of my perception of Guac playing in the back row requires some consideration on is he is a Work horse back rowers or a dynamic impact player? both?

The stat that would really interest me with Guac is is the number of carries each game and how that compares. I could find it on that site.

I'm Certainly not suggesting he's not capable of being a beast.

The eye, during a game may be wrong, but the perception is he just doesn't touch that ball enough and didn't the last couple. He did have one blinder this year.

And if he's to play origin I reckon he needs more stand outs.

If you say work rate isn't his go and he's an explosive dynamic impact player, part of that perception may be on account of DCE and Guac rarely being insinc on that right.

He eats up post contact metres. But does that even from that wasted opportunity, standing start others are discussing. Dragging defenders down field slowly. Which Isn't really that dynamic.

How ever good he's been in the past 5 games, he's one bloke in our team that I'm looking at this week, and hoping to see a bit more.
Haumole is second at Manly behind Turbo (17) with 15 runs per game.

At 15 runs per game he is only behind two other forwards in the ENTIRE competition. Both Carrigan and Haas average 16 runs per game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409_112831_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409_112831_Chrome.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240409_112733_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409_112733_Chrome.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 7
Not on what I've seen in the past 2 games, 2 hit ups thro the middle and there're backpedaling with a staggered line, this is the game where we give our for and against a big boost.
I agree it's a game we should win and hopefully it's the case. My last trip up ended badly with a loss and watching Saab do his knee when he went up for a kick. I don't want a repeat of THAT that's for sure. Actually, I watched him do his hammy in Vegas - Sh*t, maybe it's me! Maybe I should stop travelling to watch them play :sweating:

I agree it's a game we should win and hopefully it's the case. My last trip up ended badly with a loss and watching Saab do his knee when he went up for a kick. I don't want a repeat of THAT that's for sure. Actually, I watched him do his hammy in Vegas - Sh*t, maybe it's me! Maybe I should stop travelling to watch them play :sweating:

Kiss of death

Never stop travelling to watch our boys play feathered friend
You are one of our Great Manly supporter who makes the effort to travel and support our Manly team
Manly souls at the ground on game day are an inspiration and not a bad luck superstition
Teams make their own luck , They choose their own fate and they never lose control the game with their resilient attitude .

Yeah, we've had a few heartaches over the years playing this mob. It's another potential Saints game again, but we've taken our medicine and hopefully we've learnt. Can't see us not showing up for this game, just the Des factor alone will be enough motivation.

Going to the game, fizzing. Born and raised in NZ, but dad fell in love with Manly while working over there in the late 70s. Has them tattooed on his arm, so I'm a Manly fan since birth (41ish years). Will be rocking my 90s P&O with pride!
Great to hear yours and your Dads Manly passion feathered friend
Enjoy the Manly Win

Haumole is second at Manly behind Turbo (17) with 15 runs per game.

At 15 runs per game he is only behind two other forwards in the ENTIRE competition. Both Carrigan and Haas average 16 runs per game.
Interesting. So have I got this right, so far in 2024 Guac does more carries than any other Manly forward? (taking turbo out of it)

I guess that highlights that all the other forwards except Jake some weeks get a break.

On the flip side, could a break make Guac even better? Is that part of the issue fatigue on why we are still getting these standing start runs?

He might not like someone taking his spot for a bit either. And that just might be another little reason to give it a go.

We could be 4-0… we were never in the saints game, it was a really poor outing and we had no excuses…

Wahs have been genuinely good for 395min of football… Gummies got a massive rub of the green with the refs that kept them in it and Drizzle pulled out 5min of madness to win a game they did not deserve to win…
I agree but we never should have played that badly against the Dragons. We should have beaten them by 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8