Warriors v Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Thoughts on the send off ?

At full pace, it looked like a send off, slowed down it didnt look as bad. Did the ref get it right ? I would say it was correct decision in the end

also, how about the game of Williams, freakish stuff. haven't seen all the official stats but this is what i saw at the end of the match

31 tackles, 2 tries, 3 try assists, 7 offloads

Awesome match, almost unstoppable

After the replay I think there was enough grey in that tackle to warrant just a penalty & put it on report.
At full speed however, I would have sent him off straight away. That's all the ref could do.

Seriously?

I thought there was barely anything in it. At full speed I thought it looked reasonably nasty, and definately a penalty + on report, but after just one replay I thought 'oh, phew, hope Phelps is ok, but at least Crockett won't get sent off'.

I thought it was a really, really poor call from Hampstead and to send someone off after 5 minutes of play for that - terrible decision.

Sure Phelps got hurt, but his head collided with body parts of all three tacklers.

Sonny was fantastic though. I thought it was a pretty gutsy effort from the Warriors to compete for as long as they did despite being a man down (and this after resting Wiki etc already and playing a number of players out of position BEFORE the send off....)

Hard done by imo. Penalty, and report. It breaks my heart, and my wallet, to see one team playing another one man up for seventy five minutes. There has got to be a better system. Maybe have the bad guy replaced by one of the four benchwarmers, and reduce the bench therefore to three. Anything but a sendoff. Ruins it for the punters.

lillymans hoppaesque hit on gimmemorley warrented the same punishment on what i saw.

the only difference between his and hoppas was hopper was higher in the air and did a better job of it.

whats the bet he gets off with only a week?

KE, I have never taken a step back in giving it to Sonny Bill. But, credit where it's due.. he had a cracker yesterday. Hopefully for his sake and footy fans he plays like that more often.

Didn't see it.

Actually, after our loss on friday night I haven't been able to stomach football the whole weekend.

Agree Flip. Had today off and didn't watch any fox replays at all. Bring on Souths Pty Ltd.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6