Warriors to acquire 'loan players'.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The New Zealand Warriors have been given a major boost with the NRL giving the side dispensation to acquire loan players from rival clubs amid a spate of injuries.

The Warriors' front row has been ravaged by injuries ahead of the May 28 restart, with Jazz Tevaga, Bunty Afoa and Jackson Frei all suffering major injuries.

NRL Head of Football Graham Annesley confirmed the league's decision on The Continuous Call Team on Saturday afternoon.

"They've been given that (dispensation) only a few hours ago," he said.

"All clubs were notified that the Warriors will be given that dispensation.

Given their level of disadvantage, plus NZ border restrictions, I think this is fair.

Although loaning someone like Cronk might raise an eyebrow. @:D

Could be a great or bad thing to loan players out.

Great to keep players match fit but what happens if a clubs gets a heavy injury toll and the loaned out players get injured too, how does the club replace them and do they get a salary cap allowance to cover all this.

I don't know how it works but unused players in the top 30 of each club should be put into a pool for the Warriors to draw on.
Who do these players train with as training with there registered club and then being called up to play for the Warriors they need time to learn the plays and train with the team.

The New Zealand Warriors have been given a major boost with the NRL giving the side dispensation to acquire loan players from rival clubs amid a spate of injuries.
I think it would be eminently suitable for the top 2019 teams to loan some of their Kiwi players to the Warriors, e.g. Roosters - Manu & JWH, Storm - K. Bromwich & B. Smith, Raiders - CNK & Tapine @:D

I think it would be eminently suitable for the top 2019 teams to loan some of their Kiwi players to the Warriors, e.g. Roosters - Manu & JWH, Storm - K. Bromwich & B. Smith, Raiders - CNK & Tapine @:D
As long as they don’t expect Jake and Tom!!!

From what I understand they are after a middle forward and the initial loan would be 4 weeks.

Now conceivably we have the depth in that area to do it with Keppie, Paseka, Toff and Boyle aiming for two spots.
Even throwing in Wadell depending whether you are playing him edge or middle.

I'd not be against if we had the ability to recall at anytime

Personally reckon fair game - including Manly
If we don't select a player to be part of the 17,,,they can ask questions on who is viable....
I mean Roosters and others do this EVERY day with players in your top 17...so why not??
Provided as Disco calls above...we can bring them back IF needed...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4