Warriors a chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Have to give some credit to them as well.

Sure we made some stupid errors but after racing out to a decent lead they didn't panic and ground us down.

A real chance this year, and probably my preference given we are no chance.

Yep. This was not the Worriers of old who made mistakes every second set. Their handling was good; it got a little sloppy once they had wrapped up the match. But they are a big team, with plenty of pace in the backline. After seeing Souffs bumble their way to a lucky win last night the Worriers are a definite threat and, frankly, a premiership win in way overdue.
However, they had no reps in the SOO and a near full team. Contrast that to our tail of injury woes.
Let's see how the Worriers go when the Kiwis are playing a Test match.

I'm wary of using this Manly team as yardstick against which to measure success - pretty much every team has beaten us this year, even the terrible ones.
But yeah, the Warriors do look a lot better this year. Interesting to see Steve Kearney doing a good job. I figured his career as a head coach was over after his disastrous first few years at the Eels, but he stuck around as an assistant and apparently learned a thing or two on the way.

Great decision to let Green go wasn't it. The only decent five eight we had in three years and Barrett releases him.Barrett wouldn't know a good five-eighth if he tripped over one. Oh the irony of it all coming from a coach that was a half.

I actually loved the way they gathered after scoring and all took a few deep breaths together and then, I guess, talked tactics a bit. Very impressive calming step before resuming the game. I've never seen that before.

Great decision to let Green go wasn't it. The only decent five eight we had in three years and Barrett releases him.Barrett wouldn't know a good five-eighth if he tripped over one. Oh the irony of it all coming from a coach that was a half.
I think the situation with Green became quite toxic to facilitate his early exit ,when he was offered an extra three years at double the money by the Warriors

What the Warriors are actually doing which other sides aren't, is turning up and playing close to their best week after week

If the top sides turn up and are on their game, they roll the Warriors quite easily, but if they turn up at 70% then the Warriors will be playing well enough to be in the hunt to win. Their best isn't good enough to go with Penrith, Dragons, Rabbits, Storm, Roosters etc so I don't rate them a premiership chance having to string 3-4 wins together at the business end.

The Warriors are definitely a chance. The quality of the top 6 teams this season seems to better than what it normally is. I rate them all

Have to give some credit to them as well.

Sure we made some stupid errors but after racing out to a decent lead they didn't panic and ground us down.

A real chance this year, and probably my preference given we are no chance.
I like them too but they are no chance. They’ve been towelled up a couple of times lately and they beat an also ran like us and that gives them premiership credentials? Doesn’t work like that. If it did every team would be a chance because they all beat us.

I like them too but they are no chance. They’ve been towelled up a couple of times lately and they beat an also ran like us and that gives them premiership credentials? Doesn’t work like that. If it did every team would be a chance because they all beat us.

except the storm and donkeys. I can live with that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4