Waratahs to call Leichhardt Oval home after Brookie rejection

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They’ve been losing nonstop so it’s good news they won’t be polluting the new turf with their failures.

Ah yes...an excellent decision by the Northern Beaches Council, why should the rah rah's be allowed to play on our special newly laid turf.

Do people still go to union games.
Yeh, but they seem to be ex-players and their marital cohort. Example. My Bro in law played for Randwick and his son played for Rats the whole family is bum-sniffer oriented, I am considered the traitor who converted to League (after two games for Pirates)

That's ok.

Reading the article, it wasn't as if Brookie was available and the council got all precious about it.

Plus it's not as if Brookie is the Tah's usual home ground, just wanna use Brookie until their sfs is re-done.
If there's no drastic effect on the finances, happy not to have 15 "pigs and backs" ripping up the turf.

But oh my god, that team is just terrible. I don't know why but wow....how many years can a state team suck? So...so...so bad.

Yes, I imagine Council may have had professional advice that a ‘softly softly’ approach, was preferable to a Dom Pirouette/Fauxmo ‘let it rip’ approach, to a new playing surface. We have seen that at several other stadium surfaces in recent times.

You could understand the ‘tahs wanting to play at Brooky ahead of Leichhardt. The former is streets ahead of the latter as suburban grounds go.

Suits them. Sh*t ground for a sh*t team. Still won't half fill that place.

Jeez, how low has RU sunk since the early 2000s. The Tahs will soon be on the undercard of a Jets arvo at Henson Park.

For what it's worth, this is what Adam Lucius says on the subject in this week's Northern Beaches Review:

"Turf Wars
It was the Sea Eagles, not Northern Beaches Council, who put the kybosh on the NSW Waratahs playing Super Rugby games at Brookvale Oval this season. The NRL club oversees the ground under its arrangement with the council and controls who has access - and who doesn't - to the area's premier sporting venue.
After millions were spent re-turfing what was the worst surface in the competition, Manly understandably didn't want a heap of traffic on the ground before the season kick-off.
The Tahs were disappointed in the decision given they have pulled decent crowds to Brookie in the past and have taken much of their business to Leichhardt Oval."

It kind of contradicts the original article in this thread but whoever it was, the important point is that the Sea Eagles' large investment in the ground has been protected - and so it should.

The Tahs were disappointed in the decision given they have pulled decent crowds to Brookie in the past and have taken much of their business to Leichhardt Oval."

Is that their business of losing 99% of their games in front of three fans?

Brookie will survive, thanks.

Question.....

What is keeping the Waratahs out of the newly named Commbank Stadium in Wormland?? I'd have thought that without the SFS, and with the Olympic Stadium too big for anything but tests, that the Western Sydney Stadium would have been just about perfect for them.

I do think its a smart move by Manly to say no to the Tahs at Brookvale though. Its a brand new surface and they don't want to have too much traffic that could being up potential new surface issues before the primary tenant gets to play on it. They'd rather see how the surface holds up before letting all and sundry on it.

Tahs would bring minimal crowd business, maximum turf ruination from endless scrums, rucks, mauls etc

Delta, Omicron and Darren Coleman hadn’t been unearthed the last time the Waratahs won a Super Rugby match.

But on Friday evening the Waratahs, winless in 2021, broke a 538-day losing drought with an emphatic 40-10 round-one victory over the Fijian Drua.

Must be the new ground!

(I know it wasn't at Leichhart, but still).

Delta, Omicron and Darren Coleman hadn’t been unearthed the last time the Waratahs won a Super Rugby match.

But on Friday evening the Waratahs, winless in 2021, broke a 538-day losing drought with an emphatic 40-10 round-one victory over the Fijian Drua.

Must be the new ground!

(I know it wasn't at Leichhart, but still).
Who is Darren Coleman?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8