Walker..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c_eagle

Reserve Grader
Will play against Manly on Sunday, what kind of reception will he get on his return to Brooky?

I'm a little nervy about this game now, them having a proper five eighth will improve their attack 10 fold.

The players? I guess the last time he was here, the squad has changed dramatically.

Lima, both Hill twins, Sam Murphy, Alex Moore, Hoppa, Mad Pup, Kaufusi, McGuiness, Lavea, Lima, Jensen, Ferris, Cannings, Dorn, Torrens, Shipway, Reeves, Wooden and Long. All GOORN.

That's 20 out of our top 25 that's been given the finger by Hasler, a bigger cleanout than I first imagined.

If he plays he should be a little rusty and we will sort him out real quick with our strong defence. He was always a bit of a cat imo....talented though!

Souths have signed Walker because of the injury to John Sutton . I believe Ben Walker to be a talented player but his defence let him down at times. He scored a heap of points for us a few years back in a pretty ordinary season.

I remember chatting to him briefly at the Leagues Club after that memorable golden point victory over the Eels at Brooky & I must say he is a decent & friendly guy ( unlike his brother Chris )

Good Luck to him !!

He has done some good work - but his defence will be very well tested.

he will have a baby sitter ala lockyer

I always thought he was one of the most underrated ATTACKING 5/8 in the comp. Close to the line if he didnt put someone over then he was over himself. His problem was defense. It just didnt exist.

The fact he hasnt played since 2003 will surely say he is out of shape and not fit. He will be rusty, slow and in need of a breather behind play regularly.

He is a nice bloke, but that wont stop the sandpit chant

Apparently he has been doing triathlons and is very fit.

So he may not struggle as much as we think. Still it will be a shock to the system.

he is talented no question in attack, but he will have not worked too much with his team mates, but a good buy for rabbitts none the less. I would rate Jason Smith way way higher that Walker, hes still waiting for Beavers shoulder in print in his ribs to go away!

Dont think it will be too much of a secret that our back row may run at walker "now and then" if he plays...

He will struggle for combination with Williams for a few games I'd say. They've never played together.

Also, he's coming back from an ACL injury the same as Johns. It will take time to get confidence in it.

A desperate measure by the Rabbits.

The players? I guess the last time he was here, the squad has changed dramatically.

Lima, both Hill twins, Sam Murphy, Alex Moore, Hoppa, Mad Pup, Kaufusi, McGuiness, Lavea, Lima, Jensen, Ferris, Cannings, Dorn, Torrens, Shipway, Reeves, Wooden and Long. All GOORN.

That's 20 out of our top 25 that's been given the finger by Hasler, a bigger cleanout than I first imagined.
There are some dead-set shockers in that squad. It is hard to believe that we showed any faith as supporters and the results spoke for themselves.

We were in a similiar position last year yet Dessie and the club has managed to completely turn it around :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beever just needs to put another on of his hits on walker and it will be problem solved. Really, I think our forward will smash them. Appart from the hickup that was St George, I truly believe we have the best Forward pack in the comp. It wins games with little help from backs at the moment. We will steam roll them.

Ive been thinking we would have a top 5 forward pack since round 20 last year.

And ive been proven right so far. Im a happy chappy.

Souths have a few good forwards, but they dont have the bench we have.

The argument isn't, "who has the better team," because on paper it's us. The thing is though, if we don't turn up, we will get rolled, that's the nature of the competition this year. If our completion rate is low, our cance of winning is low.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4