Walker special mention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Are you related to Dylan? It’s funny that people that are critical of players are often labelled haters. Quite an overreaction really. Dylan has improved his defence and is playing well.
Yes mate... I am his brother! What a stupid question. When people make ridiculous claims like the "missed" tackle on the weekend then it is a fair call to call that out and explain why it was wrong. As I said though... you then get crickets. I have said many times that Walker's off field antics are poor - and if they were true with the assault on his partner - deplorable. I have also said that at times his defence is questionable. I have also said that yes that one game about 6 weeks ago was terrible.... I just call a spade a spade no matter who it is but I try and comment fairly and based on a decent knowledge of the game not based on a predetermined dislike for a player. I am certainly no Walker flag waver and don't think I would trust him in the centres with his defence but as 14 he is the perfect bench player in this current game.

That's OK I'll take your word for it.
One thing I noticed in a couple of Storm games I watched this year, the ball frequently goes from one side to the other in the blink of an eye. Made possible by having both Grant and Smith as well as the 2 halves, and especially while Hynes (a former half) was at fullback.
With Walker (though I admit at times clunky) we've got a similar capacity for quick shifts.

Dylan also runs straight up the guts, winning a quick play the ball, which opens up space on the edges.
oh boy those haters just wont give up lol lol lol. At times DCE/Foran and Tommy on the weekend were all damn clunky all while Walker was on the bench. I wish Walker would stop interfering with the attack from the bench.

He does and if people watch closely - he always tries to hit the line in between defenders. That is one of the reasons why he bends the line and makes half breaks/breaks plus the fact he has some pretty serious speed in his wheels as he hits the line.
Big tiring forwards succumb to speed .

Slow backs succumb to speed

Speed dominates on the field in every position

Speed kills :)

oh boy those haters just wont give up lol lol lol. At times DCE/Foran and Tommy on the weekend were all damn clunky all while Walker was on the bench. I wish Walker would stop interfering with the attack from the bench.
I dont think the people that do not see quality in Walker are Walker haters . It is just their perception

I see Parker as underwhelming, Slow , One dimensional Predictable and Pedestrian but that does not mean I hate Parker the man .

We may dislike what people do but we should not Hate people .
Hating people is an evil thing as Hating comes within our soul .
Good people rise above the Hate .

@BOZO he has been playing really well from what I have seen
I see what you see as well feathered friend

Its like the perception of blonds and brunettes and red heads
We are all turned on in different ways and Walker is a turn on for us on the field

Walker turns Manly fans on when he is in the clear and a try is on :)

He does and if people watch closely - he always tries to hit the line in between defenders. That is one of the reasons why he bends the line and makes half breaks/breaks plus the fact he has some pretty serious speed in his wheels as he hits the line.
Absolutely - I don't get how people can't see this. He does it several times each game, often coming out of our own end. Churning out ten plus metres in the process.

Absolutely - I don't get how people can't see this. He does it several times each game, often coming out of our own end. Churning out ten plus metres in the process.
We see it, but it does not outweigh the the things he does that hamper our middle and fluency in attacking plays. I don't get why you don't see those things...or think they don't matter. Square?

We see it, but it does not outweigh the the things he does that hamper our middle and fluency in attacking plays. I don't get why you don't see those things...or think they don't matter. Square?
He ran for 120m, made 20 tackles - one on a prop to earn us a dropout. I don't know what more you want from the guy. You were wrong about Walker being at fault for the Dogs try off the scrum. Sipley was to blame for that one. It's all good man. But I think you might need to come to terms with Walker being in the side - he ain't going anywhere soon.

You were wrong about Walker being at fault for the Dogs try off the scrum.
I never said he was. I have not complained about his effort and my gripe is that our middle defence loses it's structure with a player in it that is not a true middle and it is also robbing Shoo of the ball in good field position. Let's leave it at that...please.

Sure thing.
I would love to have it explained as to how Walker ruins the defensive structure. I have played for almost 40 years. I have a pretty decent understanding of attacking and defensive strategies and I am yet to see our defensive structure simply collapse every time Walker comes on. Easy to say he destroys the structure - yet to hear x's and o's as to exactly how. Plus I would gather given Des is a slightly better coach than me or I am guessing most on here - maybe not all because there are obviously some closet NRL skilled and qualified coaches amongst us, that if Walker was destroying our defensive structures that Des would be rectifying the matter or sacking him. But then again these people probably also subscribe to the Des can't coach and he is lucky that the injuries saved him theory.

I don’t understand how it is an issue of defensive ‘structure’ either. Walker has improved of late - particularly his post contact metres through the middle. His defence has improved. But if you are going to play smaller forwards in the middle for big minutes against top teams their defence needs to be ferocious. Lawton provides that every time he comes on. His defence on our line is also very good - Walker’s is not. I agree that Hasler should look to swap Walker and Lawton around a bit, Lawton more minutes in the first half and Walker to terrorise tired defences in the second half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8