Walker for Hopoate?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
With Corey Allan signing, Dogs have excess fullbacks.

Should we trade Dylan Walker for Will Hopoate?

Hopoate has plenty of baggage, but ideal replacement if Tom injured.

Very under-rated IMO and faster/stronger than he looks. Good hands.

Walker has provided poor value, on average, over four years. Plus, we are well covered in centres.

Has never been the same player since that awful ankle injury.

Not saying this trade will or should happen. Just think our squad would be stronger with W Hopoate in it, given Tom's injuries.

Very valid in many ways - especially as utility value.
I think there would be options ahead of Walker at FB already....IF....Tom gets injured.
But in truth, none would be as safe/solid as Hopoate in the 1 and a Very good backup.
As a centre I also agree Walker has not been the same since some horror injuries, but also feel if Walker can string some games together, has the ability to find great form and with the inclusion of Schuster floating around the field, just may also regain confidence and become a deadly attacking weapon in 2021.
To a degree, apart from some silly off field indescretions, Walker has been injured 50% of the time, had limited opportunities with poor sservice from inside and also played much time as a stop gag 5/8 - and done ok imo.
Hopoate would be a great backup, but personally feel that's exactly what he would be, as Tom is a shoe in at the back and Walker ahead of him in the centres.

Dylan has only this season on his current contract so if things do not go his way reasonably well , doubt that Manly would be keen to re sign him even allowing for his utility value Not keen on Will, probably would be on more money then Dylan is right now in any case . and doubt very much that he would be an improvement on Dylan in any particular way .

I'd be happy to trade Walker for Anastasia Palache (sic) because her defence is far tighter.
What , do you think that Anastasia would provide some premier - ship value for Manly . Would have to run it past Glenys first i think .

Should we trade Dylan Walker for Will Hopoate?
I doubt Will will* want to go anywhere unless the Dogs don't renew his contract at some point. I think he is on a much higher salary than Dylan - maybe 0.6 M or more. Also, he has a house in the south west & appears to have a nice lifestyle there.

* deliberate :)

Last edited:
Anastasia, the Franco-Ukrainian.

How else do you explain ‘Palushay’ from Paluschuk.

Either that or she and/or her family are the Hyancith Buckets of Queensland public life.
your 100% right there Terry ,it is pronounced Palachook ,however as you correctly identified she has put the Hyacynth Bouquet filter across her name to de-Ukraine and give her self a somewhat more pleasing accent to her name ,,,,for some reason

Walker looks fit and if stays injury free is miles ahead of any other centre we currently have along with Suli. I still think Walker will be let go at seasons end regardless of how good he plays this season but with Funa, Tuipilotu and Burbo coming through we are well covered. Will Hoppa would be a waste of money, we have so many young exciting players coming through. Add Saab, Weekes and Koula to the list above and I'm certain we won't really need to buy any backs for a few seasons.

The most experienced , decorated and dynamic speedy centre that we currently have is Walker
Walker does not excel at 5/8 and we did not learn from Souths past experiment years ago that did not work playing him out of his position that he excels and was crowned centre of the year .
My mate @maxta keeps bringing the theory that Walker has lost a bit of pace since his injuries but The explosive and dynamic Walker could still Walk faster than Funa , Parker or Harper can run
Hoppa is a great role model and a good player that lacks the knock out punch in speed that we need in our back line

Like the premise of a quality outside backs utility type.. but don't like the idea of anymore hopoates at manly ever again!

Corey Allan or someone similar would have been good!

Like the premise of a quality outside backs utility type.. but don't like the idea of anymore hopoates at manly ever again!

Corey Allan or someone similar would have been good!

Here is what I have learnt in life that made a difference feathered friend
Never judge people and never say Never
The arrogant only say never

Here is what I have learnt in life that made a difference feathered friend
Never judge people and never say Never
The arrogant only say never
Ok ill meet in the middle.. happy for Will to return if he disowns his old man!

Funa will turn out to be a better centre and back-up to Turbo than both Walker or Hoppa.
I really like the guy. He proved he is a 1st grader, he will only get better. Our he and saab should be our starting wingers imo

That left edge should be
Funa, Walker, Olakau'atu and Foran. With turbo chiming in. Hopefully Jorge becomes the 3rd strung winger and all round gee up guy for the boys! Let his hair out and smash stuff after a win lol

The most experienced , decorated and dynamic speedy centre that we currently have is Walker
Walker does not excel at 5/8 and we did not learn from Souths past experiment years ago that did not work playing him out of his position that he excels and was crowned centre of the year .
My mate @maxta keeps bringing the theory that Walker has lost a bit of pace since his injuries but The explosive and dynamic Walker could still Walk faster than Funa , Parker or Harper can run
Hoppa is a great role model and a good player that lacks the knock out punch in speed that we need in our back line
Yo Bozo - you may have missed my above post Champ, but apart from injuries which (have) effected his speed/agility, state he can still be a deadly weapon in 21 and I would have him in the 17 to prove he still offers attacking thrust...and with better service and opportunity, confidence, performance and to a degree....speed will all come good.
The post earlier is below Bozo - now give some credit mate @;)

As a centre I also agree Walker has not been the same since some horror injuries, but also feel if Walker can string some games together, has the ability to find great form and with the inclusion of Schuster floating around the field, just may also regain confidence and become a deadly attacking weapon in 2021.
To a degree, apart from some silly off field indescretions, Walker has been injured 50% of the time, had limited opportunities with poor sservice from inside and also played much time as a stop gag 5/8 - and done ok imo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4