Wake up Roy Masters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
What an inane rant of rubbish the Herald has wasted space with in today's edition.  Really, they ought to be charged for environmental vandalism by destroying trees to publish this cant.

"filthy lucre is no cure for moral bankruptcy" and on and on and on bla bla bla.  The same claptrap the clown was spruiking thirty years ago to hide his failings as a coach. 

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/the-hate-debate-why-we-love-or-loathe-manly/2008/10/03/1223013790929.html

I mean, how terrible - he points out that we signed Kite from the Dragons and Glenn Hall from Souths.  Oh the horror!  Isn't Kite originally from Canberra and Hall has seen more clubs than Greg Bird's mate who was supposed to be fingered for glassing Bird's trollop?

Is that really the best he can do?  Not to mention that EVERY club relies on the dollar and signing players from countrywide to bolster their stocks.

The question Masters needs to answer is - how many genuine local players featured in the 2005 edition of his beloved Tigpies when they won their Premiership?  Hello? 

When it comes to Roy Masters it appears a memory and context is no cure for intellectual bankruptcy. 

Surely people are sick of reading his garbage...it's just the same sh!t year after year.

He's just picking at the bones of RL trying to keep his name in forefront.

My letter to the editor:

At least Roy Masters can't be accused of inconsistency after thirty years of ranting on with the same old tired claptrap when it comes to Manly Warringah.

Masters writes "filthy lucre is no cure for moral bankruptcy".  Perhaps someone could wake him up from thirty years of mediocrity to point out that every NRL club relies on the dollar and signing players from countrywide to bolster their stocks.

How many genuine local players featured in the 2005 edition of his beloved Tigpies when they won their Premiership?

Roy, you're a good example that journalistic balance and context are no cure for intellectual bankruptcy.  

It was a very tongue-in-cheek article. You surely must have realised that before you got to the bit where he talks about buying Ox and Bell from Melbourne... and if you hadn't got it by then, then that would have tipped you off, right?

Masters is a senile old battler, but he still knows plenty about the game and he knows how to tick people off. He would've bagged a few with that opinion piece, and he'll be chuckling away to himself as he deletes all those emails on Tuesday morning. There's no doubting he hates Manly though. I've read just about every article he's written over the past five years and I am yet to see a positive word in any of them about the Sea Eagles. Not that it bothers me! Him and the Wok can keep on producing their anti-Manly bile, I personally enjoy the hatred!

willstyles link said:
It was a very tongue-in-cheek article. You surely must have realised that

Many a true word is said in jest.  Yes the article is tongue in cheek but the scary thing is, the old psychopath genuinely believes what he's written, despite trying to sugar-coat it with humour. 

Doesn't bother me what he wrote.  He was approached to write a 100% anti Manly article, cos no-one else could, and he did.  The funniest part is that he had to stretch out the one fact why he hates us - we bought players - for the entire article.  Nothing else to write home about apart from us being thieves?  Well that there says it all!

Surely he can't believe that us buying Ox and Bell from a top 4 team all for money and power is worse than say the Broncos scoring Folau or even worse in the pre-salary cap days when Beaver was chased by Parra and Roosters. 

What a funny old man

Talk about picking the eyes out of teams, look at what the Roosters have done to the Bulldogs in recent years! Anasta, Mason, Myles, O'Meley. All Origin/International players, all taken in the space of three years.

The Tigers won a comp with the likes of Payten (a Tiger through and through....via Canberra and then the Roosters), Princey (Nth QLD Brisbane Tigers), Hodgo (Bought back from Parra), Richards (Parra), Whatuira (a premiership winning centre from Penrith) etc.

Plenty more. Not even Roy and his Manly hatred could be naive enough to 'hate' manly for what they do in the modern day. Sure, he has a point about destroying Souths/Wests ranks in the good old days, but f*ck mate, those times are long gone.

He will be upset if Manly win tomorrow. He lives half the week in Melbourne I think, so they are comfortably his second team....

He is just posting the same rubbish that he has done for 30 years...we are all sick of it...it's time to move on isn't it Roy, I believe there's some nice retirment homes out West of Sydney for senile old pricks like you!!!!

LOL at this comment:

"If you link Manly premierships with movements in the share index, you'll actually discover the Sea Eagles caused the biggest economic collapse since the Great Depression. In 1987, Manly won the last grand final played at the SCG, and what happened a month later? The New York Stock Exchange recorded its biggest one-day fall! And now, with the Dow down, Manly's on-field hopes are high again."

Manly & many of the people he mentioned involved with the club should sue the prick for defamation with a lot of the false comments that he made, joke or no joke. The guy just needs to build a bridge and get over it. Somebody should go through all teams over the years one day and just find out where all of their team members originated. I wonder how many were one club members not many I bet. I'm amazed that he didn't mention Bozo & the Stewart brothers being stolen from the Wollongong area as well.

Any time Manly is mentioned Roy gets the opportunity to remind everyone that he believes he single-handedly created the hatred and the Silvertails vs Fibros myth. In reality it was two SMH reprters who viewed the Magpies in the back sheds before a Sea Eagles clash that made the headlines. Maybe some see it as tongue in cheek but TBH it is so incredibly boring putting up with his repeated dribble. An old man yes, Alzheimers almost definitely. Go throw a blanket over your knees and keep your arthritic fingers away from the keyboard you loser.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7