Wade McKinnon:on report for spitting on the ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just don’t understand that,

I mean if you want to throw you career away why not just head butt the Referee (not that I think he should of or that any one should ever do that).

In my mind at least spitting on someone is pointless and one of the dirtiest and cowardly things one could do.

More bad publicity for the NRL - they can't catch a break at the moment.

Life, no question about it.

Dunley should have copped a long suspension when he did it a few years ago, but spitting on a ref is not negotiable.

It was for spitting in the direction of the touchie, not the ref. Don't think it hit him though.

McKinnon is an ex-Eel, so was Dunley for that matter. Interesting coincidence......

Chip & Chase link said:
It was for spitting in the direction of the touchie, not the ref. Don't think it hit him though.

McKinnon is an ex-Eel, so was Dunley for that matter. Interesting coincidence......

Maybe the touchie looked like Dennis fitzgerald?

Will be very hard to prove either way i think

They will contest it and he will get off imo

What was up with the ref though, 2mins earlier McKinnon received a warning for mouthing off, that next time he will be sitting down. Surely this incident should have seen the threat followed through with

If the touchie makes a report the judiciary will have to take his word, especially if the video does not capture the incident. Otherwise the officials will be pretty angry that they are not being backed up in disputes with the players.

Didn't actually see any spitting but wasn't watching closely.

If the tochy saw the spitting how did he miss the 4 metre forward pass?

No excuses for spitting, but why do we bother with touch judges anyway? They are a waste of space, can't see **** and are not game to make a decision because of the video ref.

Again McKinnon should not spit at anyone(if he did) but that touchie deserves some sort of sereve for another shocking call.

I agree Nodd, the touch judges continue to let obvious foward passes through.  Especially in try scoring movements (there were two in the Storms game with us) .  It's frustrating for fans when blatant ones are not pulled up, it must be more so for players.  I can't see why changes can't be made to put forward passes under the scrutiny of video refs in the try scoring sequence. 

Camera angles sometimes lie, however it can be viewed against the ground markings at some pints on the field

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6