Vs Canberra Stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Team Stats

<--Sea Eagles Raiders

254 -Tackles- 291
8 -Offloads- 15
13 -Kicks- 13
2 -Try Assists- 3
3 -Line Breaks- 6
64 -Hit Ups- 73
445 -Meters Gained- 546
34 -DH Runs- 31
15 -Handling Errors- 13
27 -Missed Tackles- 28
4 -Scrums- 9
12 -Penalties- 8

Tackles:

1. Monaghan : 34
2. Kennedy : 33
3. Watmough : 32
4. Menzies : 30
5. Kite : 21
6. Bryant : 18
7. King : 17
8. Dunley : 15
9. Bell : 11
10. Leului : 10
11. Matai : 7
12. Burns : 7
13. Williamson : 6
14. Orford : 5
15. Hicks : 4
16. Stephenson : 2
17. Stewart : 2

Hitups:

1. Kite : 14
2. King : 12
3. Bryant : 10
4. Kennedy : 8
5. Leului : 7
6. Watmough : 5
7. Menzies : 3
8. Matai : 2
9. Bell : 1
10. Stewart : 1
11. Williamson : 1

Meters Gained:

1. Kite : 94
2. King : 80
3. Kennedy : 69
4. Bryant : 65
5. Leuluai : 54
6. Watmough : 37
7. Matai : 16
8. Menzies : 14
9. Stewart : 8
10. Williamson : 5
11. Bell : 3

Errors:

1. Stewart : 3
2. Orford : 3
3. Watmough : 3
4. Bell : 2
5. Hicks : 1
6. Monaghan : 1
7. Menzies : 1
8. Kennedy : 1

Line Breaks:

1. Bell : 3

Try Assists:

1. Orford : 1
2. Stewart : 1

Sources in the club say that one of the key issues that Des will be focusing on this year is repeat sets of six from goal line drop outs. Apparently in 2005 we were ranked 15th in the league for forcing repeat sets on goal line drop outs and its a pet bone of contention for Hasler. Clearly in the first half of the Canberra game we saw Orford's willingness to grubber in goal and force another set. I have some issue with this as I love to see teams run the ball on the final tackle. Its generally unexpected, keeps the opposition in two minds, and in situations where teams attempt to slide on their line (a la Many on the right hand side on Saturday night) can lead to easy points.

I think he should be concentrating on

1) holding onto the ball. The amount of knock-ons and mistakes was unnacceptable on saturday

2) Defense

3) giving away easy metres and stupid penalties

then worry about repeat sets, you can have as many sets as you like but if you keep dropping it and letting in tries what is the point?

Obviously he can focus on a number of issues at once, and the fact that the defence was poor on Saturday does not excuse failing to force repeat sets - thats something we also need to develop to become a more complete team.

My biggest concern is the sloppy defence around the ruck area. It seemed on Saturday night that we had prepped for a game against the Tigers. The defence was spread accross the field as if out major concern was having to address lateral movement of the ball. A good point (and repeatedly regularly) by the Fox Sports commentators was that Manly would have been better off bunching their defence in order to combat a Raiders side who had clearly turned up with the intention of making easy yards around our big men who were all too frequently content to be lazy around the ruck and wait for someone else to come out of the line.

Good to have those stats, thanks.

Maybe they should be made a sticky?

Didn't Monas have a good game?

how can Bell have made 3 line breaks and only 3 metres.
methinks the statisticians are a little loopy

The stats are from NRL.com.

I am pretty sure a line break can result in a try. But a try does not result as metres gained. I also think they may only be the metres gained from the hit ups. Not overall metres gained. I can't imagine half the side making zero.

they are definatly the metres gained from a "hit up" which is where the forwards should be excelling. interesting that king was right up the top

so it wasnt just me.. Watmough was awful statistically too. Beaver shocking. Thats close to the worst ive seen Beaver play. I didnt even notice him in the game. Kennedy was ok.. but our 2nd row needs a shake up.. no competition for spots.

Monas is a machine. I wasnt aware he made the top tackler. Good stuff.

I said in the thread "my manly man of the match" mona's was by far the best... the stats tell a similiar story.. he was one of few that can be pleased with what they did....

Not being a sheep like many other posters, i believe King played solid, he was statistically our 2nd best prop.

Your five eighth shouldn't be your leading tackler. I would have thought Dunley would have made more, that way Monas wouldn't be completely buggered when we actually got the ball.

IT was solid - but still kite and king should be over 100m, lulu and bryant should be close to 100 from hit ups as should the second row, certainly less than 50m from any forward in hit ups is poor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4