Volunteers Needed - Petition to upgrade Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Hi all

We are trying to get some volunteers together for Sundays game at Brookie. The petition for getting Brookie upgraded to a facility that the club that is leading the comp deserves and brings it inline with all other NRL who have recieved significant Government funding to improve their home grounds.

If you can spare a couple of hours from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM on Sunday to assist getiign fans to sign the petition please leave your name/contact details below.

Can some email me the form, I'll pass it around the Chairmans Lounge on Sunday, and at the after match at the club. That's got to be good for about 350 names, I mean 351 - Max Delemerge counts for 2 votes?

I cant help out this weekend as my plans are pretty packed in plus have to come into work at some stage on Sunday so may not even make the game. I will let you know.

Wheel I need to get you in the loop for arranging this with Alan webster and getting what you need.

My suggestion would ask Alan for club staff or some players to help if they can.

Get some tables with petitions on them to help traffic flow

Get more pads, or split the ones you have.

Basically you need a way fo getting as many people signing at once as you can so people arent waiting around

You also need to get people doing it after the game for all teh people leaving the ground I think that people leaving is good for at least 1000 signature, people ar ein less of a hurry on the way out and if its a win in more of a mood to sign

I'd love to help mate but its too far.

Is this posted on the MSE site aswell? I can't believe the attacks on some people and then the quiet when asked to show the support that a lot of people preach all day.

Yes I have emailed Alan Webster & aaaron this morning, asking for tables, a message to be put up MSE and reserve seating tickets. No reply as yet.

Mellonhead i will get some sent to tomorrow, I haven't got a soft copy on hand.

call them you will get a better response than email!

My suggestion would ask Alan for club staff or some players to help if they can.

Damn good idea! Get some of the injured players to earn their keep! Get Ox and Menzies to stand out the front, you'll have 10,000 sigs before kick off!

I doubt you would get any players of that caliber to do it but definitely some of the PL players and other juniors

The problem is all the fans will be wanting his autograph and not wanting to sogn the petition, agree though it might be worth a shot & I am sure it would create a lot of attention.

I doubt you would get any players of that caliber to do it but definitely some of the PL players and other juniors
An observation - I asked the PL players to sign the petition, but then they wanted $10 for a raffle they are running. So my guess is they will have other targets on their minds. I can see it now - please sign the petition and give me $10. 8|

unfortunatly i cant make it to the game this weekend.

IM hoping to pop over and make the after match hype - i expect to get there on full time.

What about Duff???

Also the other true supporters like Canteen Worker, Byso, Stevie & Co???

Dont know about Duff, pm him and ask

our pre footy chat is usually limited to what time will you be getting to the club/pub followed by ok, see you then

I can't believe the attacks on some people and then the quiet when asked to show the support that a lot of people preach all day.

Who me? I didn't think I fitted the profile of those required to assist in collecting signatures. It would appear that I am apparently from the land of the toothless, unwashed and uneducated supporters that attract so much derision.

From memory the requirement was that you had to wear smart casual (not your normal football apparel) and that would differentiate the petition signature co-ordinators from the the normal gate greeters.

I think all that volunteer are doing a great job, I am just to selfish to give up my pre game ritual of lunch in a our favourite cafe in Manly with a bottle of Red. I am happy to be riduculed for that.

Not everyone wants to volunteer their time, I am one of those. The club gets plenty of my support through my wallet.

I am not sure that you were being targetted with that comment Pete. People are using less subtle than that on this site.

In reply to Wheel I may be able to assist and am certainly committed to the cause. As I have a weekend without kids, I have to convince my 'princess' that it is okay to go to the footy and alright to head out early. I will reply later in the week as plans are formulated.

Thanks CW, let me know.

Pete seriously your defensive replies are becoming tiresome, in fact very similar to a YART thread. Enjoy your bottle of red & considering both you and jan support the club loyally whether at brookie or at an interstate ground no one can accuse you of not being commited to the cause.

Pete seriously your defensive replies are becoming tiresome, in fact very similar to a YART thread. Enjoy your bottle of red & considering both you and jan support the club loyally whether at brookie or at an interstate ground no one can accuse you of not being commited to the cause.

Wheel, I will only defend myself when veiled accusations are made against me, Just as you thought (and wrongly so) that I was being critical of the number of sigs collected at the last Brookie game. I only replied because Flip made a statement that gave an inference to some, despite being critical of the volunteers they have failed to to puit their hand up to assist.

I have stated both here & at MSE that I am not interested in volunteering, thats just me, call me selfish if you must. I do not hide from that fact. If you find it tiresome, then so be it. But I reserve the right to defend my comments in the manner in which I have.

that is pretty boorish and arrogant dont you think pete.

Wheel i am definiately out this weekend, I have Zac's pass as well will try to drop it in your letter box after training tomorrow. Can you please send me your address on PM

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4