V'landys wants to change "immortal selection process"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In order to look after his best mate sCam, and also whomever his other childhood friend Politis tells him to induct...

The NRL is to revisit the rule in which retired champions have to wait five years to be considered for the game’s greatest honour — selection as an Immortal.

Coinciding with the expected retirement of Melbourne Storm, Queensland and Kangaroos legend Cameron Smith, :sick::sick::sick::sick:the issue was raised by chairman Peter V’landys at a meeting of the independent commission last week.

The five-year “cooling off” period, there to take emotion away from the judges and their decision-making, has been a debate for a couple of decades.

Decisions that used to take months or years are made in a far more proactive manner, driven by V’landys and a more contemporary senior management team.

It’s why Smith may not have to wait until 2025. Even his harshest critics would acknowledge he is a must inclusion. (No Phil, I do not acknowledge that. Hall of Fame at best - but the nrl are to moronic to have one or promote it if they do - but I dont want to ever see him as an immortal. So Phil...yer wrong again).

blah blah blah, the rest of the article is all about the lovely sCam as Phil obviously wants a signed sCam book - so I'm not posting it here.

The fact this germ knowingly signed 2 contracts should eliminate him from ever receiving “immortal” status.

What a kick in the guts for all the others... although even Andrew “disco bikkie” John’s is one so...
Yeah Andrew 8th Immortal Johns who admitted to taking drugs whilst still playing, found in the airport curled up near the toilets pissed & asleep & high.......immortal my fvcken ar$e! The only thing immortal about him is when he got decked by Jamie Goddard during SOO trying to be a tough guy lololol. Priceless!!!!!

They’ll add another 6 of them ASAP to keep everyone happy , Thurston , Cronk, Inglis , Lockyer , Slater , Smith.

Then everyone will shut up about it for a while.

Don’t forget we live in a PC world these days

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Sounds like they are trying to turn this into as much of a joke as the Dally M’s have become. An insult to past/worthy recipients, now just a popularity/kiss a*** contest

It fast becoming the “ everyone gets a participation award” deal, well anyone that’s played 300 plus games and represented their state.

To be fair, Scam deserves it imo.

Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Inglis, Lockyer etc, are just the current Sterling, Cliffy, Daley, Stuart, Snoz, Mortimer, Clyde, Kenny, Grothe, Lamb, Toovey, Fittler, Menzies, Langer, Lazarus etc etc....great players, but not immortals.

I don't think Beetson was an immortal either.

They’ll add another 6 of them ASAP to keep everyone happy , Thurston , Cronk, Inglis , Lockyer , Slater , Smith.

Of those you mentioned and taking my Manly/NSW hat off for a moment but Lockyer and Smith are streets ahead of those others. Smith is one of the best to ever play the game (yes he’s a piece of ****e that knowingly signed two). His record of big matches and the way he controls the game is unprecedented

Lockyer had an amazing ability to win through diversity. He had vision of mistakes opposing players would make before they made them through studding individual players throughout the match. His last 15min of pressure games he was untouchable.

The others on that list @Mark from Brisbane as great players but not in the immortal range.

I could handle Smith if not for the cheating saga & Thurston, coz for mine he was / is better 1/2 than Johns, but the others would be a fvcken joke if selected.

Sounds like they are trying to turn this into as much of a joke as the Dally M’s have become. An insult to past/worthy recipients, now just a popularity/kiss a*** contest
The Dally M’s are an absolute joke, so unprofessional & uninspiring when compared to the Brownlow! It’s like watching the Logies & comparing to the Academy Awards. Many years ago I couldn’t wait to watch the Dally M’s when it was televised & made for a good night of TV....now I couldn’t care less!

On Scam Smith, i dont get his response to the Yvonne Sampson rumour in his book...

“Honestly, if I was going to have an affair – which I never would – why would I do it with someone with a profile as big as hers? And in my own sport?” the excerpt reads.

Why not? When having an affair, what does someones profile or being in the same industry have to do with it?

Of those you mentioned and taking my Manly/NSW hat off for a moment but Lockyer and Smith are streets ahead of those others. Smith is one of the best to ever play the game (yes he’s a piece of ****e that knowingly signed two). His record of big matches and the way he controls the game is unprecedented

Lockyer had an amazing ability to win through diversity. He had vision of mistakes opposing players would make before they made them through studding individual players throughout the match. His last 15min of pressure games he was untouchable.

The others on that list @Mark from Brisbane as great players but not in the immortal range.
It was largely “ tongue in cheek” and yes I agree with your summation BUT in this PC world we live in don’t at all be surprised to see it happen.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2