V'landys: Gambling is just like going to a restaurant.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
"Look, it's entertainment," V'landys told 9News.

"You don't gamble to win money, you don't do it to become rich; you do it to entertain yourself.

"Just like you go to a restaurant and you buy a meal — that's entertainment.

"As long as you're responsible with what your spending with that entertainment, it's no different to anything else."

(Has anyone got that hotline number for "restaurants anonymous".)

In V'landys' Las Vegas project, he sees two avenues for increasing revenue: broadcast subscription and a wagering operator.

He believes combining the two would generate two times the revenue.

"If you're betting on the product, you'll subscribe to the broadcast," he told The Sydney Morning Herald.

V'landys hit back at those who say he's promoting gambling.

"No, I'm encouraging entertainment," he told 9News.

"If you treat gambling as entertainment and you budget yourself to have so much on that entertainment, there's no problem with it."

"Look, it's entertainment," V'landys told 9News.

"You don't gamble to win money, you don't do it to become rich; you do it to entertain yourself.

"Just like you go to a restaurant and you buy a meal — that's entertainment.

"As long as you're responsible with what your spending with that entertainment, it's no different to anything else."

(Has anyone got that hotline number for "restaurants anonymous".)

In V'landys' Las Vegas project, he sees two avenues for increasing revenue: broadcast subscription and a wagering operator.

He believes combining the two would generate two times the revenue.

"If you're betting on the product, you'll subscribe to the broadcast," he told The Sydney Morning Herald.

V'landys hit back at those who say he's promoting gambling.

"No, I'm encouraging entertainment," he told 9News.

"If you treat gambling as entertainment and you budget yourself to have so much on that entertainment, there's no problem with it."
He probably would argue doing just 1 line of coke is entertainment..just like enjoying a meal and as long as you budget yourself.. what a fuking stupid comment

I have a confession. I ate a fancy restaurant on Tuesday night, then again last night.

Tonight I’ll control myself but it will be hard. Most probably though, I’ll eat out again on Saturday night. The food in Sydney is just too tasty for me to control my urges.

And remember, dine responsibly.

I have a confession. I ate a fancy restaurant on Tuesday night, then again last night.

Tonight I’ll control myself but it will be hard. Most probably though, I’ll eat out again on Saturday night. The food in Sydney is just too tasty for me to control my urges.

And remember, dine responsibly.

That's how it starts, then one day you'll find yourself out the back of your local Maccas rifling through bins for discarded food thinking... 'how did I get here?'

This prick runs two gambling-based organisations. He is completely cynical.

V'Landys has outlived his usefulness to the NRL. The game needs leadership with a bit of vision for the future, V'Landys strength is bull-headed action but deepening the game's ties to gambling at this point in time shows he can't think beyond short-term expedience.

I'm not surprised at the lack of ethics or care, but a little surprised that he hasn't read the room on this one, as alarm about the gambling industry is a growing issue here right now.

I guess he thinks if its just taking money from stupid Americans then people here won't mind.

epw australianwrestling GIF by Explosive Professional Wrestling

V'Landys has outlived his usefulness to the NRL. The game needs leadership with a bit of vision for the future, V'Landys strength is bull-headed action but deepening the game's ties to gambling at this point in time shows he can't think beyond short-term expedience.

I'm not surprised at the lack of ethics or care, but a little surprised that he hasn't read the room on this one, as alarm about the gambling industry is a growing issue here right now.

I guess he thinks if its just taking money from stupid Americans then people here won't mind.

epw australianwrestling GIF by Explosive Professional Wrestling
You would think the commissions job in situations like this . Its a legitimate revenue stream, people do gamble in social settings and it certainly is addictive , divides the community due to the damage it causes and the pockets it lines

its time for the IC to decide the vision in regard to how much soul it sells . Why else have them

Just like the Colosseum........entertainment.........

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

A lot of things throughout history have been invented or justified as 'entertainment'.............this does not necessarily justify their existence now or in the future.

Using 'entertainment' as the sole argument for the existence of something is weak and poor form, V'landys - whilst being oblivious to the ethical and moral background.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2