vindication by the man himself: Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I was reading the article in the manly Daily today on Choc - http://www.silvertails.net/news/5373/Choc-full-of-grit.htm

What I found interesting were his comments about his "brain explosions" and so on.
many were widely criticised for having an honest opinion on Watmough over the last few years, his brain explosions like charge downs and a few other things sometimes cost us games.

It was oft said that that is the area of the game he needs to improve.

It was good to see that the opinions of many have been vindicated by the man himself. He could see the same problems in his game.

I think he is really maturing as a player and really starting to come into his own, that he can see negitives in his past and working towards correcting them really bodes well for him and the club, I really hope he moves in leaps and bounds and I can see him becoming an even better player, I don't retract any of my negatives I ever had on him, because he agrees, and it takes a strong and good man to admit his mistakes and flaws like he has

And we haven't resorted to calling him bue arsed for quite a while. But when we did in 2004/5 it was justified.

he is averaging close to 2 penalties a match - has he really fixed his game yet.

There was just as much howling when i said he will play origin.

The article said he still has brain explosions but not as many.

The positive i was drawing Fluffy, was that he recognises these flaws and is working to fix them

I got that, just not sure whether he is getting anywhere.

Looks to be going backwards in discipline, i think its 10 penalties from 6 games this year, an area burns has improved on so far having only given away 3 i think

I suppose 4 brain explosions (2 penalities, 2 drop balls in own half per game) is an improvement on his usual 5 or 6 in past seasons.

You argue just for the ****en sake of it sometimes.

Unless his name was Anthony King.

I take its me your whinging about again? Captain Hero to the rescue. All you do is trawl my posts looking for me not to agree with anyone from your possy. Your such a ****en hypocrite

FFS we are discussing watmough - some dont feel his high penalty count and dropped balls are up to scratch this year and all you want to do is make yoursellf the big boy and play the player.

So jump on your high horse captain hero and ride off into the sunset, you doen your wrok here and saved another fair maden from football discussion. (translateed youve killed another football thread)

Well you see, the post started out as a positive and was all about Watmough admitting he has work to do and congratulations to him for realizing and trying to make himself a better player.

And two posts down I'm slapped in the face with you, changing the topic to how he gives away penalties and he's not up to scratch and I think, who is the one bloke on here who constantly craps on when I do the same in a Monaghan or King thread?

And then I thought... Hypocrite.

Fluffy i agree with fLIP here, perhaps it was not your intention but your tone was misplaced.

penalties or not he has recognised his problem and is working it out of his game. no more dumb chargedowns for a start. and dropped balls are hardly brain explosions

Yet...Another....effing....stupid.....(something)......post from what I can gather???

I'm with Fluffy here lads. Choc talks the talk in that paper, but in reality, and like Fluffy says - it doesn't translate into how he is playing - even tonight in City / Country. Two penalties given away again.

That said - like Dan and Flip said - Charge downs etc, and basic errors have been reduced.

Call me.......Switzerland !!! Hehehe

Yet another Fluffy Soggy Sao Post.

I wonder how many times one poster can blow their own trumpet?vv :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4