View from the Hill - Absolutely pathetic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was the worst first 60 min I've ever seen from us at Brookie in 15 yrs. The players and coaching staff must be held directly responsible for this loss - our performance today was woeful. I don't care if we only lost by 4, I don't care if we were playing the Broncos, I don't care if we should have scored at the end, and I certainly don't care about the comeback. It was simply not good enough, and too little, too late. Here were the problems:
1. Matai. Too dumb, too ill-discliplined, too bad defensively to play 1st grade. See my 'Matai' post.
2. Orford / Des. Why was Orford playing if he was only 50%??? In his post-match interview, Des said that his 'presence' was needed on the field. Ohhhh, was that the presence that meant no running with the ball, shocking general play kicking, and inability to get a repeat set of six? Monas should have started at half, simple as that.
3. Forwards. Geez, they were all asleep, Beaver and BK included. Bryant had a shocker. King was nowhere to be seen. Choc was quiet. Do these guys want to stand up or what? They got man-handled all day. What was the deal with all the no-look passing in the first half?
4. Last tackle options - I go on about this every week. Why did it take 60 min for Orford to put up a bomb? We don't know what we're doing half the time.

Add to that that a few times we had to draw and pass in the first half and we were in. Orford's kicking game was dreadful and as Warren Ryan says he has to think and place the ball somewhere useful. Kick chase was good but we didn't use the ball well enough. My beef is that we played without patience - trying to make things happen rather than just playing good football.

That was the worst first 60 min I've ever seen from us at Brookie in 15 yrs.

You were not at Brookie in 2003 to see about 5 or 6 50 point losses in a row?

[quote author=Crusher Cleal]
That was the worst first 60 min I've ever seen from us at Brookie in 15 yrs.

You were not at Brookie in 2003 to see about 5 or 6 50 point losses in a row?

[/quote]
I meant in terms of our playing personnel. We had a pretty awful team back then.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6