View from the ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
Just returned home from Canberra Stadium. Here are my observations:
- there are a lot of Manly supporters who live in Canberra,
- lots of high 5's after the game,
- during the 1st half I thought "Oh no - we are going to get done by the Raiders!",
- We played absolutely C R A P in the 1st half with no enthusiasm & lacking direction,
- Good to see Lyon at 5/8th but need a better centre than Clint,
- Am I the only one who thought that Orford was terrible????
- Orford played really crap and his dropped ball from the kick off lead directly to the Raiders try,
- Mona's added more to the team than Orford,
- BUT Ballin added more to the team than Monaghan!
- How good is Jamie Lyon? Awesome defence & he just does the little brilliant things in attack that makes a HUGE difference :clap:
- King & Kite - wouldn't trade them for anybody! Both didn't take a backward step today. Kite is a legend!
- Brett Stewart needs to bring the kick returns back harder & not surrender 90% of the time. He showed more mungrel today though - nearly got into a couple of blues due to the old throwing the ball into the head routine!

It was a great ride home with my boys and our Manly flags flying proudly. Lots of "Go Manly" calls from passing cars. I suspect if it was a different team we were playing, we would be looking at a loss today!

I thought I'd better post early as the home brew has started flowing freely at my house (& I don't have to go to work until Tuesday arvo!).....

Nothing fancy but Bryant had a much better game today. I know the Raiders cruelled it for themselves but I loved seeing our backs running into open spaces for virtually the first time this year.

The Raiders played really well in the 1st half & then died in the bum during the 2nd (superior fitness?).
I agree about Bryant - well played. Hall is a bit of wasted space BUT there was no-one who looked ready to step up in a well beaten premier league team (they were absolutely shocking today!).

Disagree about Hall, he was easily our best off the bench today. Very good go forward and always had an arm free.

He seems to cop a lot of flak on here but has been the best out of Bryant, Rose and Himself all season imo

Agree, Hall was outstanding today. He ran hard and got away a couple of offloads from memory and looked like he had the ability to get away more. Best bench forward by a quite a margin.

Orford was terrible but he did seem to turn the corner late in the game. We'll need him going better next week with maybe both Monaghan & Halden out injured.

Big up to Lyon, Hall, Hicks, Robbo & Ballin.

I thought Halden actually did offer something to the team before he went off. Maybe he is a prospect.

I listened to the raido, no Foxtel, but the commentators kept saying that Halden's side was leaking metres qnd he was targetted.

It sounded as Ballin and Monaghan in their favoured positions did the job for us.

[quote author=Duff]
I thought Halden actually did offer something to the team before he went off. Maybe he is a prospect.

You cannot be serious!!!!!! He was a shambolic embarrasment.
[/quote]

His side of the field leaked, yes, but I can't say I noticed it being him or anyone in particular, just generally all the guys on that side.

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Duff]

[/quote]

His side of the field leaked, yes, but I can't say I noticed it being him or anyone in particular, just generally all the guys on that side.
[/quote]

Funny that it started with his arrival and ended with his departure huh?

He was in the run-on side & after his departure the whole team improved in every department.

Just returned home from Canberra Stadium. Here are my observations:
- there are a lot of Manly supporters who live in Canberra,
- lots of high 5's after the game,

Sounds as though it was a great day Goldie, there always seems more support after a win.

[quote author=Duff]

[/quote]

Bull****. He is a halve, and is not a centres arsehole, yet the coach put him there and he didnt let us down badly like you lot would like to make out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4