Vidmar Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hoping Vid isn't using this an excuse not to go to the next two games?

I got a text with a photo of Bob in hospital on Saturday night, all dressed in his Manly gear...... doubt he'd be at the Grand Final Qualifier and I'd agree with Eagles2win.....nothing would hold him back from being there on GF day when we make it!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
codewana said:
Jeez I feel bad for Vidmar. All the best buddy!

Yeah mate, he's the heart and soul of the MWTS as well....missed by everyone on Saturday night.

I know! Which hospital is/was he in? Be funny if we were rooms apart last week!

codewana said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
codewana said:

Yeah mate, he's the heart and soul of the MWTS as well....missed by everyone on Saturday night.

Not sure mate, just been texting haven't even spoken to him (thought he could do without me in his ear at present!!)

Mark from Brisbane said:
codewana said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
codewana said:

Not sure mate, just been texting haven't even spoken to him (thought he could do without me in his ear at present!!)
Ear Wax could be your nickname then lol

Hi All,
Am now back home after a spell in Manly hospital - Firstly, huge respect to the many ladies and gents from there that looked after me so very well - as one of them mentioned - they don't do it for the money!

The care I was given and the humour and compassion shown to me and others was amazing and helped in what has not been a very nice time for me.

Secondly, what happened? – Well, basically an early morning exercise session went wrong on Thursday when I fell awkwardly and damaged my right leg resulting in a trip to Manly hospital courtesy of the blue light taxi.

End result was what is apparently called a tibia plateau break where the upper tibia joins with the knee.

The impact of my leg jarring in a fall caused the tibia to be fractured down both the left and right sides so the top of the bone was in 3 pieces and a bit "ouchy" (The CAT scans are AMAZING!)

I was operated on around lunch time Friday and had 4 hours in surgery and then 4 hours in recovery so a big job by all accounts and I'm now the proud owner of 2 metal plates and around 13 screws holding the plates and tibia in place.

The support I've received and the messages, cards, texts and posts on here and face book have been amazing so thanks everyone for the well wishes – I’ve been moved by the offers of help and number of well wishers and it has been great to hear from so many people.

I was sent a MMS on Saturday before the game showing me the Vidmar banner in the crowd at the SFS (I was watching in bed from the ward) and then I received another couple of texts from people at the game and then saw it on the TV a few times - Had a huge chuckle and made me feel a whole lot better – A HUGE thanks to those involved in that!

Saturday was the first game home and away that I've missed since Canberra away in 2007 so that run (Which I‘ve been very proud of!) has come to an end unfortunately and, due to the rehab I'm facing in the coming months I need to be sensible and plan carefully when I can next get to the game (I'm in a full leg brace and it will be at least 6 weeks before I can put any weight on it – so getting me and the family to games is now a major logistical issue)

Mind you, the amount of drugs and injections I’m on has certainly helped me as the voices in my head are giving me all manner of suggestions on what flight path to follow to get me to Homebush for the first Sunday in October….See you there!

Thanks again everyone

Great to hear things went well mate. All the best for a speedy recovery.

Btw, that's two great streaks that were broken this season; yours and Robbo's!

Hey Vidmar! Let's compare scars! I think you'll win with the metal though.. I only have 2 screws in each knee (odd for a 19yo!) Hope you are well buddy!
Love Annelise :)

I can't speak highly enough of a favour Bob did for me over this past week....yr a champion mate...heal up well buddy and thanks Bob
Steve from Perth
sent you an email

• 👍
Reactions: ads
So is - Staring at, pointing at, looking at, ppl in wheelchairs....
is that still Politically Incorrect??

If you're with all your wheelie mates on Oct 2 in the Members' Area,
I guess I'll come over and say hi.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4