VERY interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haha you’re a classic.
Given your unprovoked carrying on, others could be forgiven for thinking I turned you down for a quickie one night.
Emotional cripple u r.
I doubt your my type. Nothing over 40 and defo no false teeth.

I don’t really care if you call BS, but Snake has a lot of good information.
How do I know? A lot of the things he has posted have been confirmed by a family member of mine who is works with an official at the club.
I dont really care if you dont really care if I care enough to call BS. Snake? Whos Snake?my post never named any one on here directly.... are you saying this Snake is talking BS?

Here we go again. Conjecture, smoke and mirrors.
Sorry but I call BS on anyone who has inside info without confirming how they got it.
I'm ok with original poster who had dinner with someone who knows something. Bit vague but ok.
Then some on here have 100% solid 'this is what's happening' and 'this is why this happened' without a scrap of backup. Are you Des? Or Scott Penn perhaps? Or just another bloke or lady like the facebook guy we all took the piss out of last month?
It's a forum. It's full of mis information and people pretending to be something their probably not.
And just so I definitely get a dummy spit from some why so much hatred for Tom Wright? Jeez talk about going on..... did he turn you down for a quickie one night?

Yeah, Im 100% on the source and its a player manager, he has players in our first grade squad now and others coming through.
I dont think I should tell all on who it is as he is a client of mine and we all know there are a few journos who get their articles from the mighty Silvertails forum.
Overall he was very positive about where our club is heading under Des and co, when it first happened he like a lot of others thought it may further destabilise the place and he was looking out for his clients but everyone bought in.

He told me Des has a way with people an earnt respect, works them hard in pre season and tells the boys "get through this session and you get a half day on Friday", they power through it turn up Friday then come lunch time he pulls out on the deal, then floggs them twice as hard, hes reasoning
expect the unexpected and push through the adversity, the team bonds that way as they are all in it to get through it.
I think it really showed at times this year that no matter whats thrown at them they dug in for each other.

Then on the flip side on other days mid session, Des will call them in tell a few jokes and and send them home without warning. The mad scientist keeping everyone guessing!
and this came from the player manager as it was his client that told him this happened, the player had even organised to go out that Friday afternoon with family... classic Des.

but my main reason for starting this thread was the info on Schuster I hope we keep him.

Yeah, Im 100% on the source and its a player manager, he has players in our first grade squad now and others coming through.
I dont think I should tell all on who it is as he is a client of mine and we all know there are a few journos who get their articles from the mighty Silvertails forum.
Overall he was very positive about where our club is heading under Des and co, when it first happened he like a lot of others thought it may further destabilise the place and he was looking out for his clients but everyone bought in.

He told me Des has a way with people an earnt respect, works them hard in pre season and tells the boys "get through this session and you get a half day on Friday", they power through it turn up Friday then come lunch time he pulls out on the deal, then floggs them twice as hard, hes reasoning
expect the unexpected and push through the adversity, the team bonds that way as they are all in it to get through it.
I think it really showed at times this year that no matter whats thrown at them they dug in for each other.

Then on the flip side on other days mid session, Des will call them in tell a few jokes and and send them home without warning. The mad scientist keeping everyone guessing!
and this came from the player manager as it was his client that told him this happened, the player had even organised to go out that Friday afternoon with family... classic Des.

but my main reason for starting this thread was the info on Schuster I hope we keep him.
And a good thread it was mate. Thanks.

My beef mainly boiled up when Tom Wright was again mentioned. Liked your thoughts that Des perhaps wanted him back but it was too late.

Some on here hate the kid for what ever reason and discounted your story. Perhaps it was the you tube video that pisses so many off? I personally (my own opinion) feel he would have been great with the right coach. But we had Barrett so that was ****ed. The stgeorge try was a flash as was the semi of the under 20s where he single handedly won them the match showed enough to give him more than 1 start. Dont blame the kid for wanting out with TB his coach.....

Here we go again. Conjecture, smoke and mirrors.
Sorry but I call BS on anyone who has inside info without confirming how they got it.
I'm ok with original poster who had dinner with someone who knows something. Bit vague but ok.
Then some on here have 100% solid 'this is what's happening' and 'this is why this happened' without a scrap of backup. Are you Des? Or Scott Penn perhaps? Or just another bloke or lady like the facebook guy we all took the piss out of last month?
It's a forum. It's full of mis information and people pretending to be something their probably not.
And just so I definitely get a dummy spit from some why so much hatred for Tom Wright? Jeez talk about going on..... did he turn you down for a quickie one night?
You cant buy experience ,stick around a bit longer and you will know who to take with a grain of salt. @Snake is spot on mostly.

Where is all this hate on Tom Wright ? A touch dramatic
When ever hes mentioned on here by some its 90% negative. So what if The kid had a you tube reel and a lot of eyes on him. Never given a chance by the then powers that be unfortunately.....

When ever hes mentioned on here by some its 90% negative. So what if The kid had a you tube reel and a lot of eyes on him. Never given a chance by the then powers that be unfortunately.....

I don’t hate the kid, but there were a few things I didn’t rate highly in the opportunity he got.

I feel he was given a chance, but didn’t take it. There were a couple of major red flags in his start at Brookie where he got hooked after 20mins and he didn’t hang around after that to try and work on them and have another go at it. We will never know if he would have been the next superstar or the next Aaron Groome because he didn’t stick at it to find out

Everyone knew Wright was a special talent but (from my safe distance) the doubts were all about whether he was hard-nosed enough or determined enough to make himself into a top shelf player.
The comment in the original post about Tevita Funa doesn't surprise me, he is also a huge talent, so I have assumed there has been something missing in the mental side of things. Otherwise he would have been seen in first grade by now.
This off-season may be his last chance to make an impression at Manly, we seem to keep signing young outside backs so that could suggest we have dwindling confidence in him?

Tom Wright was an X factor player who had footwork and speed to unlock any defence....would loved to have seen him under Des guidance , but not to be.
I will add in games I seen, he did not have game management control, but could win games single handed when deciding to get involved, also defence was decent but not great.
It’s unfair to call that he would have made it in NRL or not, but to say he had the Raw talent is obvious.

As Ash Taylor and Kane Elgey have just found out being the “ next big thing “ in under 20’s doesn’t necessarily transpose itself into first grade.

And neither does NSW or QCup, goodness knows I’ve pumped up the tyres of a few from QCup who haven’t succeeded either.

I don’t really have much of an opinion on Tom Wright as I never saw enough of him to make an opinion.

He’s gone and won’t be coming back so buggered if I know why we are talking about him.

Some on here hate the kid for what ever reason and discounted your story.

The problem with you alternate history revisionists is facts seems to get lost in the interests of a good story .... I have not heard anyone "hate" on Tom Wright ... everybody I have read credits his natural talent ... however I have heard many old heads question whether he was a complete package ...and his committment ..

But we had Barrett so that was ****ed.

At the time he asked for a release to go and play Rugby, it had been known for some time Barrett would not be his coach next year .... so it is disengenous to use that as an excuse .... at the time Macquire was mooted as incoming ... did he also dislike him ? ... and as a dead man walking .. I doubt Barrett had any part of agreeing to release him from his contract ... so I guess those at the club making the decisions also had no problem with letting him go ...

It could well be argued .. that due to his talent ... he was given opportunities at wing, centre, fullback and 5/8 .... and failed to make any of those postions his .. .because of one shortcoming or another ... I wish him well ... but I think he is where he should be ... playing rugby ...

The problem with you alternate history revisionists is facts seems to get lost in the interests of a good story .... I have not heard anyone "hate" on Tom Wright ... everybody I have read credits his natural talent ... however I have heard many old heads question whether he was a complete package ...and his committment ..

At the time he asked for a release to go and play Rugby, it had been known for some time Barrett would not be his coach next year .... so it is disengenous to use that as an excuse .... at the time Macquire was mooted as incoming ... did he also dislike him ? ... and as a dead man walking .. I doubt Barrett had any part of agreeing to release him from his contract ... so I guess those at the club making the decisions also had no problem with letting him go ...

It could well be argued .. that due to his talent ... he was given opportunities at wing, centre, fullback and 5/8 .... and failed to make any of those postions his .. .because of one shortcoming or another ... I wish him well ... but I think he is where he should be ... playing rugby ...

And let’s not forget that’s where he came from, so I wasn’t surprised when I heard that’s where he was headed to.

Not many ( yes I know some Snoz a perfect example ) make that jump across from one code to the other and make a success of it!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6