VERY interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Marty's influence, preparation and professionalism can be underestimated or forgotten when people speak of the rise of AFBeast.

It is correct that AFB has surpassed Marty this year in performance and has become our number 1 prop.

My point is Marty's training & leadership appear to be an important factor in Fonua-Blakes development.
Marty is a confident and vocal leader to for the rest of the forwards- particularly the Polynesian players. His experience has no doubt helped AFB, Sipley, Paseka etc

He shouldn't be the highest paid forward on our roster, but its also not an easy decision to flick him now that he's contributed to the work Desus and The Don have put in to this squad.

Walker, the TurBros and Thommo have all publicly stated they're keen to take unders to stick together.

Let's hope Marty feels the same way about playing for Des and the boys!

Had dinner with a player manager last night, he has a few player on our roster.

The interesting info that I can pass on is.

Ben Turbo- is a future NRL star, he believes as good as Turbo in attack and defends hard like Jake
Sione Fainu, Had 12 clubs chasing him hard, 2 of which offered him NRL prop money without playing a game he stayed because of Manase and his influence.
Tevita Funa- Huge potential but lacks application and very lazy, injury rehab was not what the club wanted to see from him.
Albert Hopoate- Gun but needs a injury free run to regain confidence

Josh Schuster. Every club chasing HARD and the money being thrown around is ridiculous, we may struggle to hold onto him but the " Fultons" are doing their best to ensure he doesn't go anywhere.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2432643786970394 Check that link out, hes a freak

Our main issue is DCE, The Tro Bros, big $$ ontop of AFB, Marty.
Walks wants to stay but we may not be able to fit him in due to cap

I hope we keep Schuster

OH forgot to add, when Des came back he asked to get Tom Wright back, but it was too late and he will likely not return to league as hes making some serious coin in Rugby now.

The reason he left , BAZ, the coach myth, telling him he was a center or even a lock?? the best 6 in the NYC and Baz wants him to be a centre or Lock... Great move Baz.
And this was after his manager had numerous meetings with Baz and the club about his client ( Player) not being happy at the lack of direction being shown for an NRL pathway
Some will say his ( Wrights) defence was suspect but according to the "manager" our first grade coach and the ability to see a players quality was " Suspect"

Also this manager is a Sharks supporter and even though he has 30+ NRL players on his books none are with the Sharks, so no bias shown which I found pretty cool to think that he wouldn't automatically steer a player to the sharks.

Great post @Jay Eagle

We have some great up coming prospects and to keep them all would be great .

I am not surprised that Des was Keen to get Tom Wright back . Des saw his raw ability including his blinding speed and would have been confident of taking his talents to the next level .

THommo on one year deal and Walker to stay. Lloyd Perrett will more than likely go and he was on more than he should have been.

We will have almost an identical team next year. Musgrove coming as a centre not a winger though...Parker will have his work cut out.
As he should. Parker has punched above his weight this season but at times has been a liability on that edge. Even Elliott should feel some pressure from Albert Hoppa being fit again. Would you know if he's seen more as a winger or as a backup to Tom by the team management?

Also, good to hear that Walker should be staying. Watching him develop this year has been fascinating to watch. A pre-season should do him a world of good and we should have a well-polished and powerful halves pairing next year. Some of his play before the line reminds me of Killer and his kicking game should only get better.

As he should. Parker has punched above his weight this season but at times has been a liability on that edge. Even Elliott should feel some pressure from Albert Hoppa being fit again. Would you know if he's seen more as a winger or as a backup to Tom by the team management?

Also, good to hear that Walker should be staying. Watching him develop this year has been fascinating to watch. A pre-season should do him a world of good and we should have a well-polished and powerful halves pairing next year. Some of his play before the line reminds me of Killer and his kicking game should only get better.
Hoppa is seen as an option on the wing or at centre for next year. A lot is obviously going to depend on how he comes back from his ACL as to when that happens.

Before Ramien priced himself out of our reach, it was looking like Parker could end up at Tigers so that spot will be hotly contested next year.

Hoppa is seen as an option on the wing or at centre for next year. A lot is obviously going to depend on how he comes back from his ACL as to when that happens.

Before Ramien priced himself out of our reach, it was looking like Parker could end up at Tigers so that spot will be hotly contested next year.
Thanks mate. Really appreciate the insights you give. Will be an interesting year ahead and (injury permitting) we should be able to push even further than week 2 of finals considering most of our squad is settled. Again, Walkz doing well at 5/8 has solved a massive problem for us.

Yeah.
Tom only plays half a season anyway and Jake's ill discipline cost us this years Premiership.

Jokes people, jokes!;):p:eek::rofl::giggle:
Yeah but the bit about Tom's a half season player is pretty accurate. Luv the guy but I hope it's not going to cost us dearly if he proves to be injury prone.

THommo on one year deal and Walker to stay. Lloyd Perrett will more than likely go and he was on more than he should have been.

We will have almost an identical team next year. Musgrove coming as a centre not a winger though...Parker will have his work cut out.

I think most will be happy with that.

Thommo deserves another year he’s been very good ,andWalker is warming to 5/8.

Understand the $$$ issue but Elgey retiring would help and Perrett no way worth the money he was on.

Here we go again. Conjecture, smoke and mirrors.
Sorry but I call BS on anyone who has inside info without confirming how they got it.
I'm ok with original poster who had dinner with someone who knows something. Bit vague but ok.
Then some on here have 100% solid 'this is what's happening' and 'this is why this happened' without a scrap of backup. Are you Des? Or Scott Penn perhaps? Or just another bloke or lady like the facebook guy we all took the piss out of last month?
It's a forum. It's full of mis information and people pretending to be something their probably not.
And just so I definitely get a dummy spit from some why so much hatred for Tom Wright? Jeez talk about going on..... did he turn you down for a quickie one night?

Great post @Jay Eagle

We have some great up coming prospects and to keep them all would be great .

I am not surprised that Des was Keen to get Tom Wright back . Des saw his raw ability including his blinding speed and would have been confident of taking his talents to the next level .

+ 100

Sorry but I call BS on anyone who has inside info without confirming how they got it.
I'm ok with original poster who had dinner with someone who knows something. Bit vague but ok.
Then some on here have 100% solid 'this is what's happening' and 'this is why this happened' without a scrap of backup. Are you Des? Or Scott Penn perhaps? Or just another bloke or lady like the facebook guy we all took the piss out of last month?
It's a forum. It's full of mis information and people pretending to be something their probably not.
And just so I definitely get a dummy spit from some why so much hatred for Tom Wright? Jeez talk about going on..... did he turn you down for a quickie one night?
Haha you’re a classic.
Given your unprovoked carrying on, others could be forgiven for thinking I turned you down for a quickie one night.
Emotional cripple u r.

I don’t really care if you call BS, but Snake has a lot of good information.
How do I know? A lot of the things he has posted have been confirmed by a family member of mine who is works with an official at the club.

Well for mine I'm happy to to devour any meal of rumor no matter how stringy the meat on the bones of the rumor and or how tenuous the connection or how tight the string is stretched from the bow. Just give me more rumor innuendo and conjecture it's a long off season and even though I have spent far to much time on this forum I just can't help myself.
So come on guys and gal's let the info flow, open the flood gates, kick the can of worms, and open Pandora's box I'm all ears as are I'm sure the "roads" scholars here on Silvertails
Go Manly, and I'm still gutted after Friday night

To be honest most rumours that get posted on here are most often correct or bloody close to it.

I like the input given as long as it’s just not regurgitated garbage from InstaTwitFace, and most of the regulars on here aren’t using those sources.

And honestly who gives a **** if something posted isn’t correct, it might be a d that’s worth discussing.

I posted the other day that I’d read on social media that Dylan has signed wth the Riff , I said in the post I felt it was utter garbage BUT I did read it and who knows that dickhead from the Panthers night end up being right!!

Keep em coming boys and girls , all
is good in the world.

Well for mine I'm happy to to devour any meal of rumor no matter how stringy the meat on the bones of the rumor and or how tenuous the connection or how tight the string is stretched from the bow. Just give me more rumor innuendo and conjecture it's a long off season and even though I have spent far to much time on this forum I just can't help myself.
So come on guys and gal's let the info flow, open the flood gates, kick the can of worms, and open Pandora's box I'm all ears as are I'm sure the "roads" scholars here on Silvertails
Go Manly, and I'm still gutted after Friday night
We have signed Thurston as our halves coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8