Very impressive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I can't for the life of me work out the credibility of commentators suggesting our squad is ageing. The Storm's supposed Big 3 are longer in the tooth. We are a good mix of grizzled veterans, hungry fringe guys looking for a chance and some great young talent.

Mate we are a top 4 side every day of the week and we just proved it.
We were ruthless tonight, great to see some real sting in our defence.

Only fans have picked this up but Manly are playing their halves alongside each other. Not many teams score tries anymore where the half passes to the 5/8th to the centre or fullback. Manly got at least two that way tonight. Other teams put their half & 5/8th on different sides of the field. Manly's halves move about in combination & look to make opportunities. We have footballers as halves at Manly.

There you go media hounds lurking here. Another free story for you.

It's because when you combine the ages of our top squad we come out on top

Age wise the top 3 are

Manly 690
Cronulla 688
Newcastle 681

Game day experience wise

Cronulla 2761
Newcastle 2585
Manly 2558

Interestingly with that you only hear what a great squad Cronulla have, no mention of the age like us

Tooves has already starting to put his mark on the game as far as coaching goes. We look better in attack and only happened on occasions we the dog was coaching. Great game.

simon_eagle said:
Great to hear Foz on Triple M saying that he wasn't so impressed with our performance tonight, particularly with our completion rate. Great to hear that after grilling the opposition.

I agree, we were ordinary in parts with dropped ball in crucial places preventing a 40+ score line

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
VERY impressive, newbies ( maybe bar Gower) absolutely on fire, Lawrence......gun, Faoso......gun, Horo......absolute gun, Symonds....great first game, gee these guys have renewed us this yea, well done Dave Warwick

voicefromthehill said:
simon_eagle said:
Great to hear Foz on Triple M saying that he wasn't so impressed with our performance tonight, particularly with our completion rate. Great to hear that after grilling the opposition.

I agree, we were ordinary in parts with dropped ball in crucial places preventing a 40+ score line
It's only game 2 and once the newbies start to gel with the established players it's only gonna get better. We will be a force this year if we don't get injuries to our key players.

swoop said:
voicefromthehill said:
simon_eagle said:

It's only game 2 and once the newbies start to gel with the established players it's only gonna get better. We will be a force this year if we don't get injuries to our key players.

Agree, typing this from the shower as I realise I may have channeled @[Ryan] ;)

Brissie Kid said:
Only fans have picked this up but Manly are playing their halves alongside each other. Not many teams score tries anymore where the half passes to the 5/8th to the centre or fullback. Manly got at least two that way tonight. Other teams put their half & 5/8th on different sides of the field. Manly's halves move about in combination & look to make opportunities. We have footballers as halves at Manly.

There you go media hounds lurking here. Another free story for you.

Just like the glory days of tooves and Cliffy side by side!

Matabele said:
I can't for the life of me work out the credibility of commentators suggesting our squad is ageing. The Storm's supposed Big 3 are longer in the tooth. We are a good mix of grizzled veterans, hungry fringe guys looking for a chance and some great young talent.

I agree. I too have reseached this and there are several teams with mulitple aged players - by no means are we alone.
But yet it contines to be mentioned and highlighted as our weakness. In my mind it is more a positive.

Horo has surprised me. I thought when he played at Parramatta he was a great attacking player - a 5/8 in a big body. But with us he is really only playing a defensive role. He's very good at it, mind you.
But I'm sure he can attack when/if Tooves gives him free reign.

Horo is looking good, Symonds showed some glimpses, Stewy2 still to come back as is king and Lawton is playing well enough from reports to play off the bench.

Obviously Gower will go but we have 20 players who should be playing first grade to fit into 17

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7