Van Nguyen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its not like this bloke is the first

Do the names barlow and chambers mean anything people.

This isnt something new why oh why the hysterics

If van wasnt an australian would any of you give a rats arse??????

What about all the others that we dont know about????

Truely pathetic on so many levels.

How about some accountabilty for his actions.

For the record im not a fan of hanging, but its their laws and he knew it when he decided to traffic drugs.

The only problem i would have is if they did something like the indos did, and there was a terrorist attack in singapore that killed 10 or 20 australians and they decided to imprison the offenders like the indos did, if that happened i would have major problems.

dan dan dan

what is the penalty for speeding ..... Fine

in 14 years of driving i have had 2 low level (under 10kms over) speeding fines and paid them. I knew in the back of my mind when i speed that i could be caught and would have to pay the fine, so it was totally my fault and i paid my penalty just like van has today.

Its not like this bloke is the first

Do the names barlow and chambers mean anything people.

This isnt something new why oh why the hysterics

If van wasnt an australian would any of you give a rats arse??????

What about all the others that we dont know about????

Truely pathetic on so many levels.

How about some accountabilty for his actions.

For the record im not a fan of hanging, but its their laws and he knew it when he decided to traffic drugs.

The only problem i would have is if they did something like the indos did, and there was a terrorist attack in singapore that killed 10 or 20 australians and they decided to imprison the offenders like the indos did, if that happened i would have major problems.

Why the hysterics???

Because this is publicised. I would be up in arms if I knew about the others but we simply dont hear about them or get the press coverage.

in 86 I was too young to know much about Barlow and Chambers!

Yes there is accountibility for his actions, but why not just let him rot in prison for the rest of his life. I am sure if he weren;t an australian I would be as concerned, but he is an Aussie and Aussies, no matter their genetic race, we stick by each other and fight for justice.....THis is not justice!

dan dan dan

what is the penalty for speeding ..... Fine

in 14 years of driving i have had 2 low level (under 10kms over) speeding fines and paid them. I knew in the back of my mind when i speed that i could be caught and would have to pay the fine, so it was totally my fault and i paid my penalty just like van has today.

We aren't talking about the penalty you dumb **** we are talking about the consequences. Your argument is based on the fact that his actions could have killed others.....and the result of speeding is often.....killing others!

You see my point.
We dont hang people for it because we have common sense here!

Read between the lines!

I cant understand why this cannot be debated Dan. Just because we dont agree with YOU doesn't make us fools.

Don't be so close minded!
i think dan has become what he hates

the same as other Admins?????

I wonder if there was a joke in poor taste about Jason King or anyone else it would be edited.

I doubt it.

Dan you're a good bloke, but just because its ure opinion doesnt make it right.

Just remember its like when u get on the piss, u can justify anything if u try hard enough, ure attempts to try and compare his acts to smuggling piss into the footy and speed prove that.

I would say chalk and cheese but that just does seem to be a strong enough metaphor

gotta go guys have to "SPEED" to work :cop:

I notice no one has really defended their driving over the speed limit, it is just as potentially lethal as smuggling in drugs, and definately more callous as it is first hand! Yet we all do it, and we all know the rules!
[/quote]

Bad example Dan as as far as I know Australia does not have the death penalty for drivers who go over the limit just as I am sure Singapore does not

While I feel for his family once again the media should take a large portion of the blame in people forming negative oppinions about the guy by the way they are trying to turn him into a saint

He will have more news space and exposure in death than say a person who devoted their entire life to charity

I notice no one has really defended their driving over the speed limit, it is just as potentially lethal as smuggling in drugs, and definately more callous as it is first hand! Yet we all do it, and we all know the rules!

Bad example Dan as as far as I know Australia does not have the death penalty for drivers who go over the limit just as I am sure Singapore does not

While I feel for his family once again the media should take a large portion of the blame in people forming negative oppinions about the guy by the way they are trying to turn him into a saint

He will have more news space and exposure in death than say a person who devoted their entire life to charity

[/quote]

As previously stated. The penalty is irrelevant. The example is in place because people are saying, he knew he was commiting a crime and his actions could have killed others.

Now do you see the point of my example?

Speeding could result in the death of others, and is a crime!

My point was more along the lines of he knew the penalty for getting caught

If you knew that if you got caught speeding then you would be hung then perhaps you might not speed - just as if you knew that a country had the death penalty for smuggling drugs then perhaps you would choose another country to smuggle drugs from.

You must see the difference in committing a crime that a majority of the population commits is vastly different to committing a crime that very few commit

Downloading music or copying CD's is also a crime that could cause the death of others through the death by starvation of musicians children through the loss of royalties lol

yes i know where you were headed which is why i steered you off that as it was not the point i was making!

It comes down to consequences!

So byso what you are saying is that it is only the fearof your own death and punishment that would stop you from speeding, not the consequence that you may end up killing others?

Does that really differ that greatly from a drug trafficer?

I'm personally a very safe driver. Therefore rarely speed

But I know if I was to get a death penalty I wouldn't do the crime at all.

So what I said above is correct!

Speeding endangers lives, even more so than heroin, but you think its less of a crime because the penalty imposed onit is less?

seems a little hypocritical champ

So byso what you are saying is that it is only the fearof your own death and punishment that would stop you from speeding, not the consequence that you may end up killing others?

Does that really differ that greatly from a drug trafficer?

I would say that puts you in the same class Byso. By speeding you know full well you are endangering the lives of others yet you are quite happy to do that. You might as well be a pusher in Cabramatta mate.

:)

Try harder doods.....I said I personally don't speed. I suggest you use your theory. Toward Drug addicts and the families of dead drug addicts.

Cheers!

You said you RARELY speed

Which means you speed. So are in the same category according to your own words and opinions. Cliffy too!

Oh well if you kill someone for speeding and die yourself, as cliffy said....too bad too sad!

*pats Matabele on the back and hands him a coffee"

I have no problem with Hanging someone for a crime like Murder.

In this instance I think the penalty does not fit the crime.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6