v Roosters Team list-- Another Dazzler Special

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Sea Eagles vs Roosters - Team Line-up

3/07/2007

By Manly Sea Eagles

Coach Des Hasler has named his NRL line-up which is without Jamie Lyon after the Sea Eagles 5/8 withdrew from the State Of Origin match over the weekend. Hasler has named a 5 man bench. Brett Stewart, Brent Kite and Steve Bell will all be backing up from Origin

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Menzies, Chris Hicks, Travis Burns, Matt Orford ©, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson, Glenn Hall, Sione Finefeuiaki, Mark Bryant, Jack Afamasaga, Adam Cuthbertson (1 player to be omitted)

Sea Eagles Premier League Team: Dean Connell, Sean Meaney, Shane Neumann, Nick Bradley-Qalilawa, Michael Bani, Jeff Robson (c), Clint Halden, Chris Trembath, Matt Ballin, John O’Sullivan, Vic Mauro, Jon Grieve, Jason Wells
Interchange: Junior Ahio, Sam Key, Bede Tuohy, Sean Dalton, Adam Shaw, James Mortimer

Sea Eagles Jersey Flegg Team: K J Mackenzie, John Gray, Scott Burns, Andrew Everingham, Lincoln Gutherson, Harry Berryman, Aaron Groom (c), Mark Offerdahl, J P Hawach, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Darcy Lussick, Hayden Stevens, Trent Rose
Interchange: Illija Radan, Sean Rath, Santana Palmer, Junior Palau, Pat North

Ballin in PL, but no hooker on bench??????????????
Willow at Lock, Beaver at centre
Monas at Hooker, Burns at 5/8

Un-friggin' believable.

He's taken absolutely no action to rectify the obvious deficiencies or to work to the obvious strengths.

It's not often this entire site agrees on something but this is truly incredible. I doubt there is any context or inside information that can justify such a ludicrous line-up given the form of recent weeks.

Is there anyone willing to speak in defence of this?

I think Des believes he will ruin the confidence of those at fault if players are dropped.

Who said anyone needs to be dropped? Just bloody well bring Ballin in at 9 and play other players in their correct positions. Dammit, it's fairly obvious what needs to happen!

Everyone who is available is named in this team. Despite Ballin who really was never part of the regular 1st grade squad.

Its fairly obvious that Des thinks there are better players to fill the positions than Ballin and its in 'our' opinion that he should be brought in. Therefore leaving Des no option but to drop a player who he thinks is deserved of the spot we think Ballin should have.

No Ballin sh1ts me. Beaver at centre I can live with if Lyon does not make a surprise comeback, we dont have anyone better except for maybe shifting Hicks there. And with Beaver in the centres it gives Cuthbo/Jack A some time in firsts to show what they have to offer.

Orford was on NRL on Fox saying this is a "must win" game. Orford you little twat...the attitude should be that EVERY game is a must win game !!

They also said players positions are in danger if they lose.

Bullcrap. Des hasn't got the balls to drop any player earning more than $100k.

I hope managment are thinking VERY carefully about Des' next contract. I hope it is incentive based !!

Are we sitting second?

Am I missing something here.

He might not be making changes the we all think are correct but its not like previous season's where we are a loss away from the wooden spoon.

Are we sitting second?

Am I missing something here.

He might not be making changes the we all think are correct but its not like previous season's where we are a loss away from the wooden spoon.

Yeah, your missing the fact that we've playing like bums for a MONTH.
I attribute this to ridiculous team selections, morale and attitude.

Reason: if we can beat a near full strength Melbourne, we can beat anyone. It's external factors that determine why we are playing like ****e.

Agree with Ryan regarding attitude etc, I also think origin has had a massive effect on things. I thought we would cope ok but obviously I was wrong.

Agree with Ryan regarding attitude etc, I also think origin has had a massive effect on things. I thought we would cope ok but obviously I was wrong.
While the loss of Bell, Kite & Lyon due to origin has had a major effect, I think the biggest factor has been not having Brett Stewart in the side and shows how much he sparks our attack & mops up in defence. I would go as far to say if he played on the weekend we would have won for sure.

As far as I knew Brett stewart only missed the Dragons game due to Origin. admittedly he was missed in that game the other junk he was there for

Was only refering to the Dragons game, which by all accounts is the one that has made the most posters most ****ty.

Was just saying how important he has become to the side imo.

I think the biggest factor has been not having Brett Stewart in the side and shows how much he sparks our attack & mops up in defence. I would go as far to say if he played on the weekend we would have won for sure.

I would agree that had Brett Stewart played on Sunday we may have won the match. That doesn't change the fact that the majority of the team played crap and have been so for a number of weeks. If we had fluked a win in the dying seconds last Sunday it would have just glossed over a number problems that are becoming chronic.

What was most dissapoiting for me was that St George did every thing that they could to lose that match yet we couldn't win it. It was not as if they (St George) were in scintillating form and just blew us off the park.

we banked enough points to afford a wobbly rep period as far as results are concerned.

Lets see where we are in a few weeks time, if we are then still bumbling about then by all means sharpen those knives.

But to carry on like everyone is at the moment is a bit rich in my humble opinion.

I agree also with UP. But the point has to be made that the others, highly paid ones and lowly paid ones, just didn't stand up. I'm backing the raiders to beat the Dragqueens this weekend at WIN and if they do then that surely says something about the coaches ability, yes?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4