Us V Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Interesting game coming up on Sunday.  Daylight for one, and Souths look to be putting quite  a quality side up against us.  I thought we were specials against the Tits, but fell away at the end.  Souths have similar players to Friend and Preston in Luke and Sandow, small, fast and zippy.  They seem to get going in the second half, just when we seem to slacken off.  We will have to be up for this one.  Another slip up and we get lost in the pack.   

We should win this game...away games to bunnies are usually hard games for us,but I think they will read too much into the win in act (raiders were absolutely dreadful that second half) and des will have the boys fired up and ready to rip in after losing a game we virtually had sewn up...

I hope so anyway

Day footy may make it easier to catch for Farrar(4 sessions of bombs from Foran, Hodkinson & Lyon with T-Rex, Gulavuo & Matai bearing down on him)
Should be a huge battle in the forwards, Cross back in makes me more confident that our pack will smash theirs we saw touches of choc getting back to some form, I predict he will break his drought this week

Am more confident now after the loss than I would have been had we won

The thing worrying me most is that Souths have that article from Zorba as motivation, where he rubbished their forward pack

Souths warn of Ben Farrar bombing raid

* Steve Gee
    * April 28, 2010 12:00AM

MANLY fullback Ben Farrar has been warned to sound the air raid siren ahead of Sunday's clash with Souths, with Rabbitohs playmakers Chris Sandow and John Sutton preparing to launch a bomb attack on the Sea Eagles custodian.

Farrar was left with his confidence shattered after a horror night under the high ball in his side's 24-22 loss to the Gold Coast Titans on Monday.

He dropped one towering bomb and failed to even get close to the Steeden on two other occasions.

While Sutton sat out the Rabbitohs' training session at Redfern yesterday nursing muscle soreness from Sunday's come-from-behind win over Canberra, Sandow spent part of the session hoisting high balls and the crafty No. 7 revealed Farrar can expect a busy afternoon at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

"He had a few problems against the Titans so we'll look at that and do a few at training and see how we go on the weekend," Sandow said.

"It's the same for any fullback, especially if they drop a few. You're always going to try and test them out.

"I'm sure he doesn't mind a bit of pressure but we'll put a few up and get in his face. Sutto has got one of the best bombs in the game."

With four wins a piece, Sunday's clash shapes as a vital opportunity for Souths and Manly to keep in touch with the Dragons, Panthers and Titans in a match that will pit two of the NRL's form packs.

The Rabbitohs have named an unchanged line-up from the team that struggled against Canberra, with Roy Asotasi (knee) and Michael Crocker (off-season shoulder, ankle and groin surgery) expected to be fit after next weekend's bye round.

Sandow was heavily targeted by the Sea Eagles in defence when the teams met twice last year, with Manly players admitting the halfback's bright orange and black boots made him easy to pick out. The boots feature the colours of the 21-year-old's junior club the Cherbourg Hornets.

And Sandow, who returned to his home town today to help his mother, Rhonda, run a workshop on the dangers of petrol and paint sniffing, said he had no plans to ditch the fancy footwear.

"I think of them all the time back home when I'm running out on the field in those boots," he said.

Quizzed about the Sea Eagles' comments, Sandow said: "I know I'm going to be a target in defence for the rest of my career so having the boots doesn't make any difference."

Yea, this could be a tough game.

Both teams can be dangerous when they turn it on, let's hope our boys fire and really give it to them right through the 2nd half especially.

Surely all the Manly boys will be looking back on last week's 2nd half in a quiet seething anger at themselves for letting it happen, and turn that into good, hard aggression this week.

Hopefully it's a good, honest, injury-free, well-officiated game with a Manly win by 10 at the final whistle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8