Updated Player gains / losses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Now, with Hecks, I can update the list as follows:-

Retired / Released

Scott Donald
John Hopoate
Terry Hill
Daniel Heckenberg
Sam Harris
Chad Randall
Jye Mullane?
Jared Taylor
Mark Lennon

Gains

Matt Orford
Steven Bell
George Rose
Michael Robertson
Jason Wells
James Mortimer
Sione Finefeuiaki?

Interesting

I wouldn't count James in there just yet. He still has to make it through the pre season. If he doesn't make the final cut then he probably won't be here as he is too old for Flegg. Tim on the other hand is a definate for Flegg. But you could add Todd Barrow, I think he will definately be there. He is built like an athlete and can play.

Mark Lennon has been named in the pre season training squad?? Maybe he will be there next season

It is noted on the Norths website that Manly have signed Kyle Arnold from the bears as a new front rower for next year. He sounds very promising and I know Norths have huge wraps on him. Here are some of his details.

Navy Clearance Diver AB Kyle Arnold is a rugged front-rower who is considered by legends of rugby league to be in a league of his own.

AB Arnold, who is based at HMAS Waterhen as a Navy Clearance Diver (AUSTCDT1), has the potential to reach the dizzy heights of rugby league stardom.

AB Arnold, 24, is currently the captain of the North Sydney Bears Premier League team that serves as the feeder club for the Melbourne Storm first grade league team.

The rugged front-rower is also the corner-stone of the scrum for the Australian Combined Services team and the Navy team.

It’s a tribute to AB Arnold’s talent that after only a handful of games in the past two years that he has represented the ADF in rugby league and is in-line for first grade selection with the Melbourne Storm should their front-rowers suffer injury.

AB Arnold’s selection to play for the ADF team after appearing in only one game for Navy in the national tournament speaks volumes about his ability as a rugby league player.

The rugged front-rower played for the Australian Combined Services team that beat their Kiwi counterparts 28-0 in the curtain raiser to the Anzac Rugby League Test played at Suncorp Stadium in April.

Former league internationals Gary Freeman and Greg Florimo told Navy News that AB Arnold is a player of HUGE potential.

‘Huge’ just happens to be AB Arnold’s nickname which well reflects his enormous physical build. The tear-away front-rower stands 192cm and weighs 105kg.

“Kyle only joined us this year and already he had had a huge impact for the team,” said Gary Freeman, the former Kiwi international and the current coach of the North Sydney Bears.

Coach Freeman said AB Arnold’s role as a player who inspired his team-mates but intimidated the opposition are the reasons he was elevated to captain midway through the season after only a hand full of games.

“Kyle came to us as an complete unknown at the start of the season but his talent as a player and his on-field leadership have seen him emerge as one of our best players.

“Kyle is everything I want in a captain and front-rower. I expect him to lead the North Sydney Bears into the play-offs in the coming weeks.”

AB Arnold said he loves playing league – whether it be for the North Sydney Bears, the Navy team or the Australian Combined Service teams.

“I love playing rugby league and want to test my ability at the highest level to see if I have what it takes,” Kyle said.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4