Unrealistic expectations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
We beat the Roosters without a few of their best players and everyone thinks we will beat a Tigers side that has been playing well by 20+ We have had a great season but we really do have some way to go, I expect us to be much better next season. Defence has to be a priority, our attack is decent.

When you have a 14 point lead and a top 4 spot to play for, you are a contender NOW.

but...lollies were dropped, and turbo decided that if you make one mistake, you can rectify it by doing it again. Not sure.

Manly at half time were 4th. That's a contenders position, not a "next year" pray.

Manly at half time were 4th. That's a contenders position, not a "next year" pray.

If it was a one off thing sure, but we have been doing similar mistakes all season. We make a mistake and we fall to peices. The games we have won are usually due to us holding the ball and starving the opposition of possession. Our defence is not Top 4 quality, not by a long shot. Actually not even top 8 we are ranked 11th for points against...

No, we aren't pretenders or anything along that line. We had a 20-6 half time lead!! 20-6 over a determined tigers outfit that threw everything at us. It was once again ourselves who lost us the game! We weren't outplayed, or beaten physically. We simply let them back into it and gave them the win when we decided to defend a lead and decided to play dumb. That was a disgusting loss, although we can be a bloody good side, however some things are hindering us massively. I'm pissed off with that shocker of a second half

Honestly i think it is realistic to beat the team that was last at the start of the day by a team that has been in the top 8 for most of the season. Clocking off was disgusting to watch (not helped by Peranara style officiating). They had a chance to boost that points differential that by todays result will determine if we make the finals or not.

Agree we are not premier contenders but we have the talent and potential to beat last placed Tigers

If it was a one off thing sure, but we have been doing similar mistakes all season. We make a mistake and we fall to peices. The games we have won are usually due to us holding the ball and starving the opposition of possession. Our defence is not Top 4 quality, not by a long shot. Actually not even top 8 we are ranked 11th for points against...

They were 4th at half time, in round 23 of 26 rounds.
That's not a pretenders position.

Bundle was dropped.

We beat the Roosters without a few of their best players and everyone thinks we will beat a Tigers side that has been playing well by 20+ We have had a great season but we really do have some way to go, I expect us to be much better next season. Defence has to be a priority, our attack is decent.

We beat the because we won the penalties and had a fair share on possession. This has been very rare this season.

I've never quite seen us as top 4.... More a 5th to 8th team. Even when in the 3rd position I said 5th.

To me top 4 you are a real contender, we just aren't quite there yet.

I know we are all a bit disappointed about today, but I'm still optimistic about finishing inthe 8 and playing semis. Two years without it and Im happy this year to just be there. Get experience for the turbos, AFB, Parker, wright etc.

Sure if we snagged a top 4 spot who knows how we would go? But we just aren't quite there.

Let's not lose heart. Although I know some hearts are breaking after today.

Even if we do make the finals I think we'll be doing nothing more than making up the numbers.

TBH I think only Melbourne, Brisbane, Chooks and maybe Cronulla can win it this year.

I'd also expect our Under 20's to beat a team with a Minus differential of 358, but they didn't. In fact, at one stage we trailed by 30 points.
The future doesn't look nearly as bright as many of us thought.

I've never quite seen us as top 4.... More a 5th to 8th team. Even when in the 3rd position I said 5th.

To me top 4 you are a real contender, we just aren't quite there yet.

I know we are all a bit disappointed about today, but I'm still optimistic about finishing inthe 8 and playing semis. Two years without it and Im happy this year to just be there. Get experience for the turbos, AFB, Parker, wright etc.

Sure if we snagged a top 4 spot who knows how we would go? But we just aren't quite there.

Let's not lose heart. Although I know some hearts are breaking after today.

Agree with your calm and measured post mate. I think we are also not (at this stage) a team capable of going on a 10 or 11 game streak into the GF; even in our 'on fire' years it's been pretty much business as usual to drop a game we *should* win at around this point.

I think we will make the semis, and realistically anything can happen from there - it might even be a pleasant surprise to some of our younger/newer guys to play under conditions where the whistle stays in the ref's pocket a bit more. Our experienced champion sides were good at putting things like errors and ****e calls behind them and winning regardless; a lot of this team are not there yet.

Playing finals footy will be a good result for us this year, whether it lasts one week or four. This is a team on the rise, not anywhere near their peak.

Even if we do make the finals I think we'll be doing nothing more than making up the numbers.

TBH I think only Melbourne, Brisbane, Chooks and maybe Cronulla can win it this year.
Making the top 8 is making up the numbers the bottom 4 places have always been there to make more games for TV stats show you have to finish in the top 4 to be chance
Go back to top 5

We are four wins better than last season, so in my book, they have done a lot better than last season. In the 3 games left, it is a MUST that the team lifts its effort, you can't afford to play for 30 or 40 minutes in a game. That is something TB must work on. Today the half time instructions should have been keeping it tight for 15 minutes, restrict their opportunities and they will have to start taking risks, we aided and abetted their comeback on the back of dropped balls, intercepts, shocking missed tackles and indiscipline and that killed us today.

Ref allows that first half pass to go and we score and go up 26-6. kick the goals and it could have been 30-6 at half time. We should of put 50 on the tigers today. Their defence was awful in the first half and we were defending well.

Those 2 forward passes changed the game. We left them gain confidence and start to off load at will. We were playing like a top 4 side in the first half and should of went on and won by at least 30 but that was a really poor second half - especially with top 4 up for grabs

I can't believe this

All week I tipped the tigers I thought this would happen but last minute changed to us , not happy at all.

Wow that one hurts.

I still see us playing finals footy, maybe we may shock a team week 1 finals.

I still say we make week 2 finals this year , probably losing to the sharks or parra.

Parra or sharks will get 4th now.

No, we aren't pretenders or anything along that line. We had a 20-6 half time lead!! 20-6 over a determined tigers outfit that threw everything at us. It was once again ourselves who lost us the game! We weren't outplayed, or beaten physically. We simply let them back into it and gave them the win when we decided to defend a lead and decided to play dumb. That was a disgusting loss, although we can be a bloody good side, however some things are hindering us massively. I'm pissed off with that shocker of a second half
i agree mate. shocker second half. first half playing like we know we can, defending well and executing then we just let them back in it. we should of went on and won by 30 plus.

A real chance of a top 4 spot gone begging and momentum!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8