Unlucky last...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
I realise that 'a win is a win' and a 'loss is a loss' no matter what the team played like, but thinking back to the games we have lost, I do think we have been very unlucky. Consider the first Bulldogs game - equal number of tries scored, but we have no kicker so convert nothing, and they beat us by two conversions. The Panthers game - better side is us, except for Moylan who, according to his coach "played the best I've ever seen from him" (b*stard) and we lose to a field goal. Cowboys game, again we are the better team, playing without our star halfback, against the top side on their home turf, and we go down in the final 30 seconds. If we had got two of those games over the line, we'd be on 12 points and knocking on the door to the top eight.

I realise this counts for nothing since the reality is that we failed on each occasion, but damn we've been unlucky.

So I guess the lesson here is - don;t let your experienced players go easily, 'cos they know how to win tight games...

Losing is a habit, just as winning is a habit. We now have the losing habit and we need to find a way to break that habit. Despite everything that has been said about our injuries and our sub standard forwards, our roster is still good enough to win more than 3 from 12 games.

The next three weeks is critical. On paper we should be able to win two of those three. The Tigers and Sharks both have weaker rosters than we do and both of those games are at Brookie. To lose either or both of those games will be catastrophic in the context of the overall season. If we lose both, I suspect the spoon will be ours.

Losing is a habit, just as winning is a habit. We now have the losing habit and we need to find a way to break that habit. Despite everything that has been said about our injuries and our sub standard forwards, our roster is still good enough to win more than 3 from 12 games.

The next three weeks is critical. On paper we should be able to win two of those three. The Tigers and Sharks both have weaker rosters than we do and both of those games are at Brookie. To lose either or both of those games will be catastrophic in the context of the overall season. If we lose both, I suspect the spoon will be ours.
Yawn

I really think we will struggle against the Sharks, their forward pack sh!ts all over ours and their backline is pretty good, and killer will most likely be out,being played at Brookie is in our favour though.

Tigers game should've been one of our easier games, but now with injuries and origin, it'll be another tight one full of clangers I bet. I'm suspecting we'll scrape through this one with Tom or Brett being the difference.

I wouldn't underestimate the sharks (they've beaten a couple of good teams as of late), based on our own confidence. Another tight one, but hoping we get through this one.

If winning is a habit then there is no way you can lose once you are on a winning habit.
Not so sure about that logic. What it means for me is that teams are far more likely to accept defeat than to fight tooth and nail like we did the last ten years.

I would say its more players rather than teams and there is a reason some players never get past reggies/back up and the flip side is there are players like Gallen and Thurston who are always up for it, the bigger the game the better. This year its those who struggle all togehter who are the players in first grade far too often

Without a lot of luck we don't beat the cheating purple scum at Brookie in Round 2. They had a try disallowed in the first half for no particular reason without a vidiot review then we went back to back to back for a 24 point turnaround.

Then captain scum missed a fairly easy conversion in the 2nd half and we hold on by 2 points.

I suppose we would trade that luck for the other 3 games mentioned though.

So I guess the lesson here is - don;t let your experienced players go easily, 'cos they know how to win tight games...

What?

So Matai, Stewart, Lyon, Ballin, DCE or Foran dont know how to win tight games.....

Considering glen is currently enjoying a 12 week stint in the sidelines and Watmough isn't winning either, I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.
Next five games is absolutely crucial, if we don't get 3 wins from the 5 games I think we'll come last.

The Cowboys have proved that winning is a habit. They have made more comebacks than the hula hoop.
In past seasons I have been confident that Manly could pull game out of the fire; they did it regularly. This season the vibe isn't there; the confidence has gone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4