Unique Player Numbers

Since the list is here, who do you think is the most underrated manly player since you started supporting manly?

As i am only young since i was following manly i would have to say Craig Innes was severely under rated. He was my favourite player after beaver of course in the mid 90s. Surprised he only played 50 games.

It shows how off my memory is

I was sure Frank Stokes played less games than that!

I used to love John Jughead jones..

Jonesyv2 said:
Since the list is here, who do you think is the most underrated manly player since you started supporting manly?

As i am only young since i was following manly i would have to say Craig Innes was severely under rated. He was my favourite player after beaver of course in the mid 90s. Surprised he only played 50 games.

Jye Mullane. No one could kick a football into the hill like him.

So were we Manly in 2002 or Northern Eagles ??????? I thought we were still the Eagles.

RE: Hoping the club can do this

Mals said:
Excellent concept, great to scroll through the MW player list & be reminded of some super players!

Agreed. 211 & 401 caught my eye. I never knew there were two of them.

Volley said:
Northern Eagles name, Manly licence.

So if you played in 2002 in a Northern Eagles jumper you are afforded Manly status and given a player number ?? Doesn't seem right to me. You must wear the Maroon and White to be considered a Sea Eagle IMO.

Beaver sadly is not considered by the League to have played for one club. Stupidly the Dragons get that status despite the addition of Illawarra.

Cant have it both ways -we were basically a Manly licensed club for those purposes.

Canteen Worker said:
Beaver sadly is not considered by the League to have played for one club. Stupidly the Dragons get that status despite the addition of Illawarra.

Cant have it both ways -we were basically a Manly licensed club for those purposes.

The St George Dragons and St George Illawarra Dragons are two separate entities so while the Dragons celebrated another great one club man in Ben Hornby his record won't be recognized to beat Norm Provan's record as to put it, the St George Dragons don't exist anymore.
But will set a record for St George Illawarra.
The magazine at the end of the year will prove this with David Middleton saying this "Hornby record won't find it's way into official records but a fine achievement recognized by the club"
In a tweet convo the other night.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2