Under 19's mens State of Origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder when the Storm will actually develop some local juniors. They have been in the comp now for 20+ years and I'd be surprised if more than five Melbourne-born players have made their NRL team. They have failed to do what clubs are supposed to do: develop new talent.
Instead I read that they have snatched NSW's best Under 19 player, from the Hunter region. With Newcastle struggling how can the NRL continually allow Melbourne to buy juniors? Surely there should be a limit on how much a club can spend on kiddie recruitment.

I wonder when the Storm will actually develop some local juniors. They have been in the comp now for 20+ years and I'd be surprised if more than five Melbourne-born players have made their NRL team. They have failed to do what clubs are supposed to do: develop new talent.
Instead I read that they have snatched NSW's best Under 19 player, from the Hunter region. With Newcastle struggling how can the NRL continually allow Melbourne to buy juniors? Surely there should be a limit on how much a club can spend on kiddie recruitment.
The reality is the NRL wants Melbourne to succeed to maximise broadcast revenue.
Otherwise, why would you put up with a club which has introduced every cheating method possible in its’ short history to be successful.
Even when they were “punished” for the salary cap scandal, they were still allowed to keep their star players and were then able to win the premiership just 2 years later.
Ask any supporter who has been following league before expansion, and I’m sure they would enjoy the game more if Melbourne didn’t exist.

Instead I read that they have snatched NSW's best Under 19 player, from the Hunter region.
Pezet is not from the hunter region he is from Gosford (what are we doing?) Also the knights released him he still had two season left on his contract with them.

Storm will never produce juniors like gws will never produce afl players just the way it is.

Pezet is not from the hunter region he is from Gosford (what are we doing?) Also the knights released him he still had two season left on his contract with them.
Wow. It's little wonder Newcastle are languishing when they treat their promising juniors like we treated Gutherson (yes, I know we had Turbo coming through).
And I agree, again, about not recruiting enough from the Central Coast. That should be our feeder area, as should the entire North Shore.

Melbourne have been in the competition since 1998. Yes they have had a handful of actual Melbourne or Victorian born and bred local juniors in their time, but not one of them have ever played in a winning or losing GF for the club.

Here is the thing though ... the Storm will not have to rely on Melbourne or Victorian juniors for a long time to come. Why? Because if they had to rely on locals for the bulk of their juniors then they would be a bottom 8, most likely a bottom 4 side (the standard of league in Victoria outside of the Storm is less than Reserve Grade average at best. Seriously, the U/19 men's Origin sides from last night would wipe the floor with the Vics senior state team). But the crux is that having a poor performing Melbourne side in the NRL is bad for business.

Having them as a success while located in the very heart of the AFL's territory is not only good for business, its bragging rights. So to that end don't expect their junior system to change for a long time yet. Right now they're essentially the 4th Qld team, though with Redcliffe joining next year it'll be the 5th side. They are just not actually based in the state.

Average game but some impressive individual performances.
Va'a the prop for Qld and captain was impressive with a big motor(Roosters player).
Toia the Qld centre was awesome(another Rooster and would do well with a winger who can play deeper)
Howarth the Storm edge backrower was great but maybe not sure about playing as a centre at NRL level.
Keeley the left edge backrower and Knights player was aggressive and skillful,very involved.
Bostock the winger and Dolphins signing is one for the future,just does everything right defensively and in attack and an athlete,would be elite with a little more pace.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6