Under 18s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Anyone know why there are four Canberra Raiders in the Qld Under 18 side? Why are Canberra getting these talented Queensland juniors?
2012 Queensland Under 18 team
1. Jono Kent (Canberra Raiders)
2. Dwayne Duncan (Redcliffe Dolphins)
3. Connor Broadhurst (Parramatta Eels)
4. Brenko Lee (Canberra Raiders)
5. Soape Palau (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Kodi Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Anthony Milford (Canberra Raiders)
8. Lloyd Perrett (Sydney Roosters)
9. Kierran Moseley (Townsville Stingers)
10. Patrick Kaufusi (NQ Cowboys)
11. Tuiala Togitasi (Sydney Roosters)
12. Caleb Timu (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Luke Bateman (Souths Logan Magpies)

14. Daniel Clarke (Townsville Stingers)
15. Scott Doyle (Canberra Raiders)
16. Francis Molo (Brisbane Broncos)
17. Corey Jensen (Townsville Stingers)

I remember thinking this too!! Look at the riverina area they have and aligned with qld. Smart thinking!

Did anybody watch the full under 18's match? I only saw the final 20 minutes when the score was 18-all. Qld were on top and went on to win.
I wanted to see how our fullback and prop went. But Gutherson was playing left wing in those 20 minutes and never touched the ball. I haven't see our prop with the unpronounceable name play, and wasn't sure if he was No. 8 or no. 10. No. 8 for NSW was good and firey. I was in the nosebleeds so it was hard to tell players.
Any reports about the performace of the two Manly boys?

Sounds like out two went Ok judging by the game report

QUEENSLAND created another slice of Origin history last night - their under-18s beat the Baby Blues for the first-ever time.
The Maroons gave the NSW fans who arrived early at ANZ Stadium nothing to cheer as they came from behind to clinch a 24-18 victory.
Queensland captain Caleb Timu, who showed great individual strength to cross for a second-half double, said it was wonderful to be a part of history and beat the Blues in their own backyard.
"I've been playing against NSW since I was in the under-14s, there's always a good rivalry and it's good to stick it to them,'' Timu said.
"Our goal was to change history and we've now done that.''
The Brisbane Broncos Toyota Cup back-rower, who featured in the under-20s Origin earlier this year, also earned special praise from coach Kevin Carmichael.

Carmichael quickly pointed out the milestone against the Blues and said: "We've been getting dominated for as long as I can remember, and one of our goals tonight was to be the first team to win (against the Blues).
"It was a big effort, and to do it down here is even better. We were disappointed in our first half, but I knew we were a better side, and all we had to do was complete our sets and hold on to the footy.''
It was the Blues who raced out to an early lead through Manly prop Jake Trbojevic, who crashed over from close range in heavy rain.
NSW should have went further ahead, only for tries to winger Tyrone Phillips and Mitchell Moses to be both denied by referee Matt Noyen for a forward pass and offside respectively.
As it turned out, the Maroons hit back via lock Luke Bateman who strolled through some soft defence.
But a great leap by Moses _ the nephew of Balmain and NSW great Benny Elias _ made it 12-6, then NSW went further ahead soon after when Phillips showed great footwork and make it 18-6.
Queensland needed to be first to score after the break and they did courtesy of a barnstorming run from Timu,
who ploughed through four defenders. And a few minutes later, the scores were locked up when Patrick Kaufusi barged over.
Giant Timu broke the deadlock when he again held off several Blues defenders to reach out and plant the ball down for his second in the 65th minute.
NSW had their chances late, with Andrew Chard and Kelepi Tanginoa both held up over the line, but ran out of time to force the match into golden-point extra-time.
Blues coach Garth Brennan said Queensland produced the perfect second half, and it was always going to be tough to hold out the visitors.
"They didn't make an error after half-time, we had our opportunities in the first half, we just didn't capitalise,'' Brennan said.
"They had the weight of possession in the second half and couldn't stop their momentum.''
Brennan said fullback Clinton Gutherson and Parramatta prop Frazer Masinamua were the Blues best.
The corresponding game last year featured plenty of brutal stinks, but aside from two melees in the second half, things didn't turn ugly.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226394793674

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7