UK Cricket fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Apologies in advance. Not a footy question but this will potentially get a lot more traction here before it gets punted, and it is the off season after all.
Does anyone in the UK, or locally, know the best way to source tickets for the Ashes or the World Test Championship next year?
Looking at taking the fam over. Does not need to be as part of a tour as we'll already be there.
Cheers

I would check out the English cricket website or the venues that is a good place to start. Normally first three days of the test sell out fast.

I tried to enrol for the ballot for Lords. Closes tonight. When you go into it, it says no fixtures available 🙄

Always a better chance in the ballot for the Test at The Oval instead of the Lords test. Think Oval ballot is still open?

If you miss out on the lords test, I recommend doing the lords tour, some fantastic history.

Hopefully you snag some tickets as it a fantastic atmosphere.

I don't think there's any advantage of being over here when everything is bought and sold on the internet. I've just had a look at Old Trafford and tickets are available but limited to 4. It probably just depends where you want to go and what day you want to go. They are pricey though (around £70 each) but I suppose if they've nearly sold out it's a fair price!

If you miss out on the lords test, I recommend doing the lords tour, some fantastic history.

Hopefully you snag some tickets as it a fantastic atmosphere.
Thanks DJ. That's exactly what I was thinking too. If we can't do the cricket at Lords, we'll do a tour. We've done Adelaide and MCG. Magnificent. I can only imagine what a Lords tour would be like. In hindsight I'd probably be more excited about a tour than a day's cricket. Thanks again.

I don't think there's any advantage of being over here when everything is bought and sold on the internet. I've just had a look at Old Trafford and tickets are available but limited to 4. It probably just depends where you want to go and what day you want to go. They are pricey though (around £70 each) but I suppose if they've nearly sold out it's a fair price!
Thanks @Uk eagle Do you happen to know if tickets are on sale yet for the World Test Championship or will tickets go on sale once participants are confirmed?

If u miss an allocation turn up on the day. I did Lords, day 1 Ashes, and there were plenty seats still available. I got my ticket though thru the ballot.

Thanks DJ. That's exactly what I was thinking too. If we can't do the cricket at Lords, we'll do a tour. We've done Adelaide and MCG. Magnificent. I can only imagine what a Lords tour would be like. In hindsight I'd probably be more excited about a tour than a day's cricket. Thanks again.
Lords tours are also cancelled 7 days prior to a test match and for a few days after (from memory)..... Keep that in mind.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4