Tyson is happy he fought back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
BOZO said:
Tyson and Starling are very similar style of players . What do you guys think ?

I don't think so.

Starling is a plodder. But a very safe plodder. I'd be a lot happier if he wasn't starting the game but it is what it is. I think he'd be better suited to holding the fort before half time while the starting props have a rest. Lawrence is a great player but for me he isn't aggressive enough and 2 non aggressive props starting the game in my mind isn't ideal.

Tyson Andrews is an aggressive person. He's a champion boxer how can he not be? I was impressed with what i saw from him in the Q cup the last 2 seasons. I think if he comes through well enough then he is an ideal starting prop. He has Kings aggression but hopefully not his injury list.

Time will tell.
He might be a champion boxer but from what I have seen of him so far he does not hit or bend the line like Matai :)

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
BOZO said:

I don't think so.

Starling is a plodder. But a very safe plodder. I'd be a lot happier if he wasn't starting the game but it is what it is. I think he'd be better suited to holding the fort before half time while the starting props have a rest. Lawrence is a great player but for me he isn't aggressive enough and 2 non aggressive props starting the game in my mind isn't ideal.

Tyson Andrews is an aggressive person. He's a champion boxer how can he not be? I was impressed with what i saw from him in the Q cup the last 2 seasons. I think if he comes through well enough then he is an ideal starting prop. He has Kings aggression but hopefully not his injury list.

Time will tell.
He might be a champion boxer but from what I have seen of him so far he does not hit or bend the line like Matai :)

I'll leave my final decision on his abilities until he's played 40mins of NRL. If he's no good after he's played 40 minutes, he'll probably never be any good. :s :p

If he does not cut it with the Sea eagles we will send him back to the Mackay Cutters :)

Stevo said:
BOZO said:

I don't think so.

Time will tell.

I disagree, Starling has improved every game from what "looked like" a plodder, to someone who has started to bend the line in attack. I think under Toovs, he will be a star in the next couple of years!! I seem to recall that it was the "Burgess brothers" that kept him out of 1st grade at Souths so that speaks volumes.

Time will tell :)

mozgrame said:
The Who said:
mozgrame said:
Starling fires up once annoyed. Tyson is ready to go at the drop of a hat.

I hope Maria-Hargraves is wearing one when we next meet Easts.

That would be good to see mate! Bit of size difference, but I reckon Tyson would make pretty short work of Maria. Between now and then, I bet JWH goes out of his way to befriend Tyson. lol

Ever seen Tyson actually box, moz?

Or deliver some natural justice on the field?

Stevo said:
HappilyManly said:
Starlo is still very young, especially for a forward. He will learn the Manly way :)

Starling, Andrews and Lui are all 24.
Jorge Taufua is only 22 can you imagine what he will be like when he turns 24 :)

Forwards seem to mature 26+, when they get accustomed to the battering :)

I hope that Jorge does improve with age.
He has the physique but his attitude is not uncompromising enough.
It will be good to see how he performs on Sunday after a few weeks off. His twisting try won us the corresponding try last year :)

RiverEagle said:
24 is relatively young for a front-rower.

A couple o' years for all 3 (Starling, Andrews and Lui) and they'll be hitting their peaks; as long as in uries don't get em.
Aaron Woods is only 23 . Matt Scott played for QLD when he was 20
James Tamou played for Australia when he was 23 . Paul Gallen was 24 when he played for his state . ( some examples ) Athletes reach peak strength mid 20's . By this age we find out who the line benders are

HappilyManly said:
Forwards seem to mature 26+, when they get accustomed to the battering :)

I hope that Jorge does improve with age.
He has the physique but his attitude is not uncompromising enough.
It will be good to see how he performs on Sunday after a few weeks off. His twisting try won us the corresponding try last year :)

Sorry HM, but that's bull****. It's an old tale that is no longer relevant.

Her's a list of top line props that are 25 or under.

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Josh McGuire
Aiden Tolman
George Burgess
Sam Burgess
Aaron Woods
Ben Matulino
James Tamou
Jessie Bromwich
*Russell Packer

*He's in Gaol but last year he was 23

No worries, but its still a small list compared to the 26+ mob.

I hope that our recruits do mature into a solid group of Manly enforces to replace our aging pack :)

James Graham is as good a prop as any now, and he's 28.

Plenty of ppl here and elsewhere reckon we'd be stronger this year if we still had Kitey and Joey G (both over 30).

And even pine for Richie and Georgie Rose (both 30).

I think, ideally you need a combination of the both: Older, experienced and battle-hard props, and younger enthusuastic up-and-comers.

But yeah, many a front-rower has grown into the job after 25, for mine.

RiverEagle said:
mozgrame said:
The Who said:
mozgrame said:
Starling fires up once annoyed. Tyson is ready to go at the drop of a hat.

I hope Maria-Hargraves is wearing one when we next meet Easts.

That would be good to see mate! Bit of size difference, but I reckon Tyson would make pretty short work of Maria. Between now and then, I bet JWH goes out of his way to befriend Tyson. lol

Ever seen Tyson actually box, moz?

Or deliver some natural justice on the field?

Unfortunately no. But I reckon I'd handle him ok. lol

Good to see Tyson starting to blend in with the NRL outfit. Didn't make any actual tackles or runs, but he looked good out there.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Good to see Tyson starting to blend in with the NRL outfit. Didn't make any actual tackles or runs, but he looked good out there.

Not much he could do in 7 minutes.

2V continuing the habit of preserving the bench.

What it says is where he sees Tyson in the pecking order (in the top 17 now, or thereabouts).

Every minute he spends with the elite group can only help his game too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6