Two Great Half Backs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Guys and girls, i have watched every manly game this year with no real confidence in our attacking ability, we really seem to do the whole sliding across field motion alot , or the back line move were Stewart has not once had the speed to get on the outside of defender..... no one seems to straighten up and hit the line back against the grain,(symonds has a couple of times with good results) it seems all side ways getting picked of to easy... and its not dangerous and easy to defend, defence just slides until we run out of room, its been happening for weeks, anyway my point being i really was hoping for more from the two great halves in our club,(both on and off the field) if thats the best an immortal and club legend can muster up......its not good enough, we have two talented halves which are on big coin, they must be unleashed for us to be a threat this year. Go you mighty eagles.

Disagree.

Guilty of it last week a little, also a little vs Sharks sometimes. Both due to good defence.

Our wingers have scored 10 tries, centres 6 tries.

Btw we only have one half back.

Our points scored aren't far down on all the other stop sides, no concerns here from me

We were very close to a lot of tries v Souths but lacked the finishing touch, much like Souths did in the 1st 20 last night

bob dylan said:
Disagree.

Guilty of it last week a little, also a little vs Sharks sometimes. Both due to good defence.

Disagree, we made those defences look better then they are by being so predicable, yes we have one hlf back on the field and two , on the side line coaching us...

bob dylan said:
Disagree.

I mentioned halves both times, which means half back and five eight, what do you think it means............ i dont understand your we only have one half back comment?

I don't have a problem with our attack this year. I think we have already shown more variety and penetration then we did last season. I like what I've seen so far and our F&A would support that. Last week we were met by some pretty handy defence but still created some good opportunities that just lacked a bit of luck in finish.

Where Snake used to beat defence in sweep plays with blinding speed into a gap he now beats them with very good speed and a great passing game. He'll do me.

I fail to see your point with this discussion. Do you so quickly forget the earlier rounds when we were dominating due to kicking and Foz's hole running??

The game last week we struggled in because our forwards couldn't get a quick roll on at the ruck. Hence leaving less time for the halves to click.

Its easy to forget how young in years these two guys are. Would love for TC to come in and rubbish this thread.

Have no fear for later in the season.

It was the smart thing to do to overplay bunnies out wide. We tore them to shreds out wide last year. To their credit, their defence was strong last Friday. Merrit is still a crap defender, and lucky for him that he got good cover on more than one occasion last week.

I am sure that we will rebalance our direct vs spread game next time and punish them more decisively than the 6 line breaks we achieved last Friday.

Im not going to rubbish the original poster or the content bagging our attack.

I will however just point to Souths defense last week for your answer. It looked not disimilar to us in early 08.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7