Twent Barrett - Worst coach in history?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Trent Barrett worst coach in modern history.

• Yes

Votes: 69 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
And Shaun Lane. Plus Joey Lussick says ‘Hi!’ too.

He left a path of destruction.

Such a f-cking idiot.
Agree, but was Barrett ever really in charge of anything here? Seems like they never removed his L plates and that others in the "brains trust" were more responsible for those recruitment/retention decisions.

Last edited:

Rocky

Bencher
If Twent doesn't get the Eels job (unlikely given what happened v Souths) he will never coach first grade again.

The Who

Journey Man
If Twent doesn't get the Eels job (unlikely given what happened v Souths) he will never coach first grade again.
That's what we thought after his Manly escapade.
There are always opportunities for coaches in the NRL. It's the best career to be in; fail, get a large payout, get re-hired by another club who don't do their due diligence, fail, get a payout, repeat....

Rocky

Bencher
O
That's what we thought after his Manly escapade.
There are always opportunities for coaches in the NRL. It's the best career to be in; fail, get a large payout, get re-hired by another club who don't do their due diligence, fail, get a payout, repeat....
often these guys get a second chance - but his card will be well and truly marked by now.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Possibly. Although Fulton was dirty about Trent letting Blake Green go.
I heard we didn’t let Green go per se, he agitated for a release and stopped turning up to training etc. it was really strange the way it went down. Manly definitely wanted to keep him.

I also agree with another post above that suggests Fulton was responsible for letting so many good players go at the time.

In saying all that, Baz is still a dud!

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
I heard we didn’t let Green go per se, he agitated for a release and stopped turning up to training etc. it was really strange the way it went down. Manly definitely wanted to keep him.

I also agree with another post above that suggests Fulton was responsible for letting so many good players go at the time.

In saying all that, Baz is still a dud!
You’re right, Green did do that.

However that may have been because of the Mitchell Pearce saga, with Mitch ultimately deciding to join Newcastle instead.

Blind Freddy could see that Manly made the finals in 2017 largely off the back of Green’s tactical nous. They should have gone all out to retain him.

Who knows, he might now be the Manly coach in waiting, rather than Newcastle’s.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
One of the perplexing (unless you assume that Parramatta’s board is comprised of idiots) issues surrounding Barrett picking up an assistant coaching gig there, were the Gutherson and Lane imbroglios.

Apparently there were no ‘What if?’ or ‘So what?’ moments, re: the potential for him to become the head coach and whether he could ‘smooth the waters’. Perhaps with Lussick too.

You never know, he may turn it around.

Of course we shouldn’t get too comfortable. The second anniversary of ‘Jerseygate’ is fast approaching.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
You lot are acting like he has just turned up - he has been there for almost 2 years already.

As dysfunctional a club as parra is do you honestly think they would have kept him around if there were significant issues? Especially as Arthur was seen as a "players" coach why would he jeopardise that by hiring an assistant players hated

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16