• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Looking at upgrading. We have a 40" Sony LCD.
Looking at upgrading to a 55" Samsung, but am happy to listen to any recommendations.
Has anyone bought a refurbished TV from Grays online? What sort of warranty do you get?
Are Soniqs worth the risk? Are they any good or dodgy?

Should probably add that I mainly watch it for sport, playing Sony and watching Netflix.

Mate we bought a Hitachi 60 inch from jb hi fi for i think about 900 bucks then got all the surround sound for it . Haven't looked back bloody love it . Love listening to def leppard through it and cant wait to watch the 16 seaeagles on it .

Was always dyed in the wool Sony buyer for all my electronics. I bought a Sony Bravia Tv a while back and it ended up being a piece of crap. Sony replaced both the tuner and the lcd panel under warranty when they both failed on seperate occasions. Screen went again once warranty expired so stiff bickies for me. Google turns up plenty of similar stories, it's a known problem with them. Sony used to mean quality but not anymore.

Replaced it with an LG smart TV and it's been awesome.

As far as grays go I have bought refurbished stuff through them before without any drama. They normally say in the lot description what the warranty terms are. I know that they are registered resellers for some brands (Sony is one ironically) which means you are backed by manufacturers warranty.

Was always dyed in the wool Sony buyer for all my electronics. I bought a Sony Bravia Tv a while back and it ended up being a piece of crap. Sony replaced both the tuner and the lcd panel under warranty when they both failed on seperate occasions. Screen went again once warranty expired so stiff bickies for me. Google turns up plenty of similar stories, it's a known problem with them. Sony used to mean quality but not anymore.

Replaced it with an LG smart TV and it's been awesome.

As far as grays go I have bought refurbished stuff through them before without any drama. They normally say in the lot description what the warranty terms are. I know that they are registered resellers for some brands (Sony is one ironically) which means you are backed by manufacturers warranty.
Which Bravia Model did you own, my Bravia seems to have a dodgy tuner(loss of signal issues and bad reception at times) ,TV panel has been great though.

I did read somewhere there was a dodgy welding job on some Bravia Tv's antenna inputs been too lazy to look into it though.

Can you even graphically drive a 4k resolution at high enough frame rates to justify a gaming mode 4K TV, not many graphics cards on the market can do 4K at high frame rates.
I have a gtx980 oc edition, 6core overclocked haswell with 8gb of ram

I run everything at max so even running 2k is better than my 780p 50 inch rank arena

55-60fps on gta v test mode

I have a gtx980 oc edition, 6core overclocked haswell with 8gb of ram

I run everything at max so even running 2k is better than my 780p 50 inch rank arena

55-60fps on gta v test mode
2K is basically close enough to 1080p nowhere near 4K. I would prefer to run 1080p native resolution than 2K stretched and wait until graphics cards can really cope at high FPS 4K resolutions before buying a 4K TV.

First and second gen 4K tv's are going to have low refresh rates on most sets.

I ended up getting a philips bdm4065uc

I need another graphics card but in the meantime I've backed off a few things like shadow detail and reflections...even a little draw distance however **** is crisp as a mother****er,loving it on The Witcher : enhanced edition

I'm playing the series slowly because well i bought it after finishing Wild hunt

I ended up getting a philips bdm4065uc

I need another graphics card but in the meantime I've backed off a few things like shadow detail and reflections...even a little draw distance however **** is crisp as a mother****er,loving it on The Witcher : enhanced edition

I'm playing the series slowly because well i bought it after finishing Wild hunt
Wow man. I just don't like baby tv enough to have that kind of definition concerns

Gamerz!

multi-monitor-gaming-setup-9.jpg

Pretty much what it looks like when I am coding..... Well that and I just work off a Macbook air that is my work computer. I've never been one for flashy computers, or games for that matter.

Pretty much what it looks like when I am coding..... Well that and I just work off a Macbook air that is my work computer. I've never been one for flashy computers, or games for that matter.

Fine...you stay out there in the real world!! :p :)

War-Games.jpg

I can't believe I couldn't find that 'shall we play a game' as a gif!

mythbusters - I reject your reality and substitute my own.

etc

tv's 'n stuff

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4