TV games and draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would have thought that the kids and their clubs all get fair support from both the ARL through the Foundation and from each of the NRL clubs through the junior development officers who are funded by the NRL.

Of course the situation in the country may be different, I have no knowledge of that area of junior development.

Given that we agree RL is a business the arguement will always be how much is spent on the game for the kids to first get involved in RL as opposed to AFL, Soccer or RU and then how much is devoted to then developing the elite junior players. Supergreed has brought a level of professionalism to the game that few of my era would ever of dreamt of, wether the game is better for that level of professionalism is another debate.

I am not sure that by the NRL playing a Saturday afternoon game or a night grand final will drastically affect how many kids end up playing RL as opposed to another sport. They are more likley to affect old farts like me, who would prefer to watch a 3:00pm saturday game and then a 7:30pm game, the 9:30 game is generally to late for me. Of course if it is a Manly game I am more likeley to actually be at the game but then again that is not the point of this discussion.

I am too young to remember but what system did they have in order during the Winfield Cup???

For the people born around my generation (20 years old or thereabouts) this was the best of all competitions so far i reckon.. maybe they had a system like this in tact and they had the saturday arvo games that you mention... as i say though i am too young to remember any of the times or how it worked because i was basically just interested in follow my team.

I do remember great memories of my family and I and about 25 - 30 close friends gather at a mutual friends shed in our street to watch the Grand finals on a sunday afternoon.. BBQ crankin, beers flowing (for them) after the game returning home. You can't really do that anymore.

When was the last time someone celebrated a Grand Final since it became a night game???

Personally, the bulldogs V Roosters grand final 2004 i had a couple of mates over... all it involved was a few beers so my mates weren't over the limit too much and then everyone going home afterwards... upsets me that i wasn't the age to really enjoy the sunday afternoon grand finals.. i have great memories of those days even as a young bloke!

I am too young to remember but what system did they have in order during the Winfield Cup???

For the people born around my generation (20 years old or thereabouts) this was the best of all competitions so far i reckon.. maybe they had a system like this in tact and they had the saturday arvo games that you mention... as i say though i am too young to remember any of the times or how it worked because i was basically just interested in follow my team.

I do remember great memories of my family and I and about 25 - 30 close friends gather at a mutual friends shed in our street to watch the Grand finals on a sunday afternoon.. BBQ crankin, beers flowing (for them) after the game returning home. You can't really do that anymore.

When was the last time someone celebrated a Grand Final since it became a night game???

Personally, the bulldogs V Roosters grand final 2004 i had a couple of mates over... all it involved was a few beers so my mates weren't over the limit too much and then everyone going home afterwards... upsets me that i wasn't the age to really enjoy the sunday afternoon grand finals.. i have great memories of those days even as a young bloke!

I am in the same boat, I am 21 and i recall the Sunday afternoon Grand final as being such an event. My dad and his mates would have a huge poolside party, it was always a lot of trouble. I wish we could have those days again

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7