Turbos D looks down on past?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wasnt one bit worried about SJ stepping him, not a player in the NRL would of got a hand on him.

I was more concerned about his general positional play in defence.

Its about time coach told in not to touch the ball on the 4th tackle, even if just for a few weeks. I think this is a carry over from when DCE was our only decent kicking optioon, Tom would hit up on the 4th so DCE didnt get into decent position to kick on 5. At least get someone else to take on this role.
Agree about Tom’s hit-ups. When this has been debated recently the main argument for the tactic was that it was only employed when coming out of our own half or otherwise not in an attacking position. However yesterday there were several instances where Tom was tacked closer to the Wahs 30m line ahead of the kick. Given his proven aerial ability (and also his speed and usual effectiveness in getting to the “drop-zone”) I couldn't understand why another player can’t take that hit-up to free up Tom to contest the bombs.

I wasnt one bit worried about SJ stepping him, not a player in the NRL would of got a hand on him.

I was more concerned about his general positional play in defence.

Its about time coach told in not to touch the ball on the 4th tackle, even if just for a few weeks. I think this is a carry over from when DCE was our only decent kicking optioon, Tom would hit up on the 4th so DCE didnt get into decent position to kick on 5. At least get someone else to take on this role.
Agree BD. Is Brett Stewart still around at the club? Turbo should’ve learnt these things from him.

Tom, earlier in his career (even before the magic run of 21') was a match winner. I cannot remember the last time he won us a game that was 'in the balance'. He either tears it up when everything is going our way, or he 'turns it up.' I cannot knock his effort but he is not a 'match winner' in the truest sense. Brett Stewart used to come up with 'big plays' in the big games at the biggest moments. Tom is, dare I say it, a flat track bully.

A guy with his status in the game, should be the difference in tight games. There are certain players in the game that frustrate opposition supporters because they invariably do something in a tight game that turns it for their side. We need Tom to be this guy. He just doesn't seem to break tackles anymore. He used to run with more of a 'hip rotation' and it meant defenders would slip off him. Now that he 'prances' with very straight hips, he just gets smashed.

Tom, earlier in his career (even before the magic run of 21') was a match winner. I cannot remember the last time he won us a game that was 'in the balance'. He either tears it up when everything is going our way, or he 'turns it up.' I cannot knock his effort but he is not a 'match winner' in the truest sense. Brett Stewart used to come up with 'big plays' in the big games at the biggest moments. Tom is, dare I say it, a flat track bully.

A guy with his status in the game, should be the difference in tight games. There are certain players in the game that frustrate opposition supporters because they invariably do something in a tight game that turns it for their side. We need Tom to be this guy. He just doesn't seem to break tackles anymore. He used to run with more of a 'hip rotation' and it meant defenders would slip off him. Now that he 'prances' with very straight hips, he just gets smashed.
Perfect, thank you LC. This articulates exactly what I’ve wanted to express this season. Tom makes his 29,000 running meters per game (half of them bashing the ball up every 4th tackle). His stats generally look outstanding…. However, it’s his propensity to disappear in the big games and at key times that is worrying. Yesterday’s game illustrated this perfectly (especially as the team’s performance overall was very good).

Perfect, thank you LC. This articulates exactly what I’ve wanted to express this season. Tom makes his 29,000 running meters per game (half of them bashing the ball up every 4th tackle). His stats generally look outstanding…. However, it’s his propensity to disappear in the big games and at key times that is worrying. Yesterday’s game illustrated this perfectly (especially as the team’s performance overall was very good).
IMO, we go to Tom too much that it becomes predictable. Used more sparingly, and, at times as a decoy, it becomes more effective as teams can no longer double team him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8