[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
I am absolutely distraught by what's happened here. Shattered for Tommy and gutted for Des and the rest of the team as well. BUT its how we come back from this that matters now. Personally, I think we have the depth to cover Tommy's 4 weeks out (hopefully 4 weeks anyway), and we will come back stronger as a team because of it. Go Manly.

Funny how the club puts out a statement about Tom and his injury, it didnt sit right. You just knew there was more to come. Then all of a sudden there is a video of Tom running down the corso with Harry. Harry beats Tom, but my guessing is that Tom felt his hamstring go and so Harry beats him. My take on this is ,the grubs that took the video went to the club and asked to be compensated for not showing the video to the media of what really happened to Tom. Manly said , no way, it aint going to happen. So the lowlife grubs go to channel nine and ask for a certain amount of money and they are compensated well. Then weirdler releases the story and the truth is out there. Well I hope you low life grubs got a good pay out if this is true, because no amount of money will take away the grub act you did to extort our great club. What goes around, comes around.

So with this latest set back to Turbo It's looking like Matt Moylan is more durable than
So easy to be critical in hindsight.

When Turbo resigned he'd had one season disrupted by injury...the previous three season he missed 5 games in total
Ahhh no, I think you mean every single season he’s played in he’s had an injury.....

2015- high angle injury suffered against Penrith Panthers. Out for several games.

2016- high angle sprain against Knights. Missed 1 game.

2017- suffered Medial ligament tear against broncos. Several weeks

2018- round 4 injured his ankle and missed following week

2019- 2 hamstring injuries and a torn pectoral muscle. Only played in 12 games.

2020- hamstring injury. Only 7 games played.

2021- hamstring injury, no games played as yet.

So he’s only played 19 games in 2 years. This years not exactly looking promising for him. And terrible value for money.

Last edited:
We're missing the point that they were out celebrating Parker's birthday.

Damn you Parker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneoneoneoneoneone!!!!111

Funny how the club puts out a statement about Tom and his injury, it didnt sit right. You just knew there was more to come. Then all of a sudden there is a video of Tom running down the corso with Harry. Harry beats Tom, but my guessing is that Tom felt his hamstring go and so Harry beats him. My take on this is ,the grubs that took the video went to the club and asked to be compensated for not showing the video to the media of what really happened to Tom. Manly said , no way, it aint going to happen. So the lowlife grubs go to channel nine and ask for a certain amount of money and they are compensated well. Then weirdler releases the story and the truth is out there. Well I hope you low life grubs got a good pay out if this is true, because no amount of money will take away the grub act you did to extort our great club. What goes around, comes around.
Potentially all true. But ultimately the Seagull (think outboard motors, not turbo engines) put himself in that position. No one forced him to take on some dickhead who drinks at the Steyne or the Ivanhoe.

Nothing good ever seems to come from Manly players venturing out into the wilds of Manly’s nightlife.

I'm happy to 'take him at his word' and I don't know if that's because it makes it easier for me to process that he injured it in the bathroom than racing some dh, or that I don't wish to label him a liar. Some of you explode on a damn forum if your username's integrity gets called into question!

And even with this 'sprint' I can imagine him just jogging at 50% pace of whatever so a 'fan' can have fun beating Tom T. I don't think he was going full tilt is what I mean.

Each to their own, but a forum full of angry disappointed people would be easier to take than a forum full of angry, disappointed people also calling me a liar. (I agree - I doubt he reads this nor cares too much what we think).

Being too slow to have ever injured a hammy - Was it necessary to stand out and give a media interview (especially with weirdler there trying to run the show)?

(I'm still quite annoyed though)

Ahhh no, I think you mean every single season he’s played in he’s had an injury.....

2015- high angle injury suffered against Penrith Panthers. Out for several games.

2016- high angle sprain against Knights. Missed 1 game.

2017- suffered Medial ligament tear against broncos. Several weeks

2018- round 4 injured his ankle and missed following week

2019- 2 hamstring injuries and a torn pectoral muscle. Only played in 12 games.

2020- hamstring injury. Only 7 games played.

2021- hamstring injury, no games played as yet.

So he’s only played 19 games in 2 years. This years not exactly looking promising for him. And terrible value for money.
What I said is correct, over the course of 16, 17, 18 he missed 5 games in total playing 23, 23 and 22 respectively.

But yes the last two seasons have been terrible with only 19 games (12 and 7)

Regardless of whether it was the race or in the shower, what it does highlight is how shot his hamstrings are. FFS he has been to Melbourne, working on a specially designed program tailored for his hammy's. This shows it could go at any time, in any game. I am not sure how he can come back on a consistent, injury free basis - ever.

Potentially all true. But ultimately the Seagull (think outboard motors, not turbo engines) put himself in that position. No one forced him to take on some dickhead who drinks at the Steyne or the Ivanhoe.

Nothing good ever seems to come from Manly players venturing out into the wilds of Manly’s nightlife.
Could have been the New Brighton.

I've not been there on 1.2 mil a year....
Neither does he ;-) His pay keeps getting inflated it seems but I get your point. Not illegal, but everyone knows running on pavers is asking for trouble especially for someone with his history and pay packet. Particularly stupid when you’ve just come off the back of consecutive injuries.

What about the other players with him, didn’t it occur to anyone that maybe it wasn’t the best idea?

Last edited:
I am absolutely distraught by what's happened here. Shattered for Tommy and gutted for Des and the rest of the team as well. BUT its how we come back from this that matters now. Personally, I think we have the depth to cover Tommy's 4 weeks out (hopefully 4 weeks anyway), and we will come back stronger as a team because of it. Go Manly.
We do, but we need to pick the right player. We know Garrick isn’t a fullback and we know that Tom will likely have future injuries, so no point putting a stop gap in.

Pick someone we want to invest in as a genuine fullback option like Koula or Weekes. Yes, they are young, but they have, and can play fullback. It is easier to bring them in at the start of the season when no team has their mojo yet. So take a swing Des. Then when Tom comes back we have a promising player with some experience who we could move to the wing if he has been killing it.

Just don’t put Garrick or Walker in as they are never going to be the answer at fullback.

Last edited:
I can't help but think the real injury here is psychology. We know how the team reacted last year.

Then watching Tommy T speak and hey this isn't even the hammy with the pre existing damage he has been rehabbing, it's now the other bloody one.

Where will his confidence with his hammy's be at, in 6 weeks when he is back on the field?

Just quietly the flack he is coping for his sprint session on the turps, and perceived dishonesty of saying he done it in the shower. It might just add to the weight Tommy is carrying when he returns.

I won't be surprised if it's quite some time before we see the Turbo again, long after Tom Trbojevic returns to the field..

I really think we need to get used to the idea of needing to do this without him. And if we have the Turbo back at some stage this year it's a bonus.
Exactly right, double hoops. No matter who the replacement is, he's Not Turbo, and that will probably dent team belief and morale. As for Tommy himself, remember when he came back late last season in that disastrous bid for an Origin spot? Apart from the fact that he buggered his shoulder, he was beyond woeful that day. Some of it was probably rust, but a lot of it would have also been lack of confidence. He'll need a run of games to get that back.

Oh what a total shambles. I am a huge Tom /Jake fan but this is just a joke. I don't believe for one minute the bathroom story. But just why is someone with problematic hammies even thinking he could run after a few beers I gather, without warming up and doing all the things he has been doing over the last 4 months to prevent any issues? Now lets say he didn't do it on the Corso - the run might well have tightened the hammy for the bathroom slip. And if he really did tear the hammy in the bathroom slip he is the ultimate biodegradable man - always breaking down. Not much hope of a career ahead if you tear your hammy in the bathroom. Now this isn't illegal stupid like Walker's episode is potentially but this is equally as stupid. Stupidity that is going to cost us massively...... again! When will these morons get a few brain cells between them - Fainu, Walker, Thompson and now Turbo who we expect better decision making from. Beers and footballers and beers and footballers after dark...... just trouble and disaster waiting to happen. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Serenity Now.... Hoochie Mumma!

Last edited:
Is he even a kiwi? Couldn’t hear a stronger South African accent. Haha
Moved here 3-4 years ago due to that colour system in Saffa cricket, has dominated the domestic scene every year waiting to be eligible

Back on topic to Tom, it is quite amusing to see some people say the club have been hiding this injury for weeks while also spraying him for doing it on Saturday night !! Also finding it amusing that he is stupid for having a trot the other night, soon he won’t be allowed to pick up a box of Barrett’s leftover furniture because that will be irresponsible

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8