Turbo back.. at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
The same Aaron Schoupp that couldn’t crack the top 17 consistently in a bad titans side? He should be nothing more than depth for right now.

Maybe he develops, only 22 but for now think there are clearly better options at centre.
Yep same one. Did I say he was ready. Personally i think he has heaps of potential.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seibs has been saying for a while now that Tom is an elite player and he wouldn't be moving him to centre unless he was on board. So I'm not concerned if that's how it played out. I think if Koula is fit (the a/c) he'll be FB. Hoppa has done ok but Koula I think, will get the nod coz of his experience. Hoppas time will come. I also can't see Seibs dropping Saab. What I do want to see happen is Rubes and Talua swap but I don't think Seibs sees that happening. The one thing that shouldn't happen is seeing Talua dropped.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Turbo in the centres, is this a reflection of how good Hoppa has been at the back in reading the play and his ability to be there in defence?

Or protecting Turbo? If there is not much difference in the data like they have stated with the positions.

Someone is going to be unlucky in missing out, I think it will be Talau, if so Garrick and Saab can consider themselves lucky based on current form.
I think it’s a bit of both re Lehi form and protecting Turbo. I like the move and Lehi ain’t going anywhere. Either Talau or Saab could drop out tbh. Garrick back to wing.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'll be surprised and disappointed if Koula gets the fullback spot over Lehi. Koula's form this year has been woeful, and he doesn't have the poise that Lehi has at the back. Be interesting to see how the team lines up.
Much better way of putting it than I did.

He’s really surprised me as to how good he looks in the position at such a young age.

Koula should be at centre

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It’s clear that young Hoppa will be the one to make way , bit sad really but his time will come I guess , just hope it’s with Manly.

Personally I’d play Koula & Tom in the centres , Hoppa at fullback , Garrick on one wing and then a toss up between Saab / Talou for the other wing.
It's a tough one but I just can't see how they drop Talua on form or Saab when they just made a big deal about extending him. I also think they drop Hoppa purely based on pecking order and not form or ability.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
1.Hopoate
2.Koula
3.Talau
4.Turbo
5.Saab/Garrick

Goal kicking point of view i think Garrick edges him into the side. Saab hasnt been great this season unfortunately. Although happy for either to play. Size in the centres speed on the wings.
I think that whoever plays outside of Garrick has struggled because he hogs the ball and runs his winger into the sideline before he will pass the ball.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
So we're the only team in the competition paying $1.1 mil for a centre. Really sums up where our recruitment, retention and clown circus we are.
We re-signed Tom in 2019.

At the time our fans were absolutely delighted.

Is the expectation the club should see the future regarding injuries? He played 23, 23 and 22 games in 16, 17 and 18.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Also Holmes is on approx 1mil

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Aaron Scoupp vying for the other centre position with Tom, in the coming weeks. I just feel it in my water, that the kid may be be a really good buy for us. That will create some headaches, if it happens
Maybe he’ll get a run through injury but we are having trouble fitting players with much higher profiles than Schoupp into the line up as it is.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
It won’t happen but I think Saab should be the player to drop off the team sheet. He has the turning circle of a Mack truck, is a Gumby under the high ball (in spite of his height), has gone to back to his usual soft carry out of yardage, and plays like a deer in headlights. Further, he’s bulked up and had knee and hamstring injuries which look to have affected his speed.

I’d go with the following:
Hoppa
Garrick
Koula
Trbo
Talau

But I think this is a smokescreen. The intention is to get Tom back to fullback as we move towards the finals but Koula is probably going to be rested (I believe he only played out of necessity) and when he returns in a couple of weeks, Tom will go back to 1 and Hoppa will drop out. In the meantime, we have Tom ease his way back into the side in the less demanding (in terms of kms) position.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I also think they drop Hoppa purely based on pecking order and not form or ability.
Well then, that would be very stupid. Which is why you're probably right. If there's a dumb option, you can guarantee we will take it. Because that, my friends, is the Manly Way. From the owners, through the coaches, and down to the players. It's the only consistency we ever show.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18