Turbo article SMH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And that's the mark of a true footballer being able to excell in multiple positions

Been saying it for years, but Turbo is our modern Dale Shearer. Best position is fullback and will play most of his club career there. But his natural speed, skill and overall versatility, plus the presence of one position players (Tedesco in Turbo's case, Garry Jack and Gary Belcher back in the day for Rowdy) will see him play most of his representative career in the three-quarters and unless Teddy retires or gets hurt, it won't be until later in his career that Tom will get a regular shot at the NSW and Kangaroos #1 jumpers.

Not that I think he'd really care too much what number is on his back or position he played, so long as he played. They could name him at prop and he'd still gladly do it.

I think tedesco could easily play center wing or 5/8th. Just not as good as tommy. We have seen teddy's ceiling. Turbos not yet

He got tried on the wing at the Tigpies. They moved him back to fullback.....

5/8?? His team mates would barely see the ball.

I don't think his defense is good enough for the centres. Then again I think tackling is one of the weaker parts of his game even at fullback.

He got tried on the wing at the Tigpies. They moved him back to fullback.....

5/8?? His team mates would barely see the ball.

I don't think his defense is good enough for the centres. Then again I think tackling is one of the weaker parts of his game even at fullback.
He has a great cut out pass and could be a good running 5/8th. I feel sorry for him he's never been the same since that sivo hit.

He would probably be better than most wingers hes super quick very hard to tackle and knows how to find the try line. They would of moved him because he clearly is a great fullback.

I think in attack in the centers he would become one of the best in the comp. As for his defence I can't really say because he makes like 5 tackes a game at the back. He reads the game well so who knows. All fantasy anyway haha

Teddy may have the runs on the board , but the purple patch Tom‘s enjoying at the moment, his overall game and his ability to play anywhere across the backline has him well in front of Teddy for mine, not a chance in the world I’d want to see a swap, but mind you after watching them link for NSW, I’d love to have the both in our side, dam we would be an attacking juggernaut.

Pretty sure atm any coach gets first pick of any player it's between Tom and Cleary.

Teddy is still a great player and no doubt would be very high on coaches lists but Tom is ahead of him atm.

Foz on the weekend put it perfectly when he spoke about Tom. Some players have footy smarts but don't have the athletism to make the most of it. Others are athletically gifted but lack the footy smarts. Tom is the complete package in both respects in terms of reading the game and dominant physically.

With so much time out of the game in recent years he still has improvement in him so he has much more ceiling in his game than Teddy.

We are very lucky to have a player of his ability playing FB for us with one of the best ever in Snake mentoring him.

Im sorry, but Tom has gone to another level this year and surpassed Teddy. Was clearly evident in last origin when Teddy ran around in circles and often backwards, where Tom would of been a lot more dangerous at the back and almost won the game at the end anyway. Teddy cannot dominant a game like Turbo, he is such a threat in the back line defence are always in 2 minds which opens up all the players around Tom as threats too.

When he is in one of those moods where he constantly gets into dummy half or gets his hands on the balls one pass off the ruck and charges over the advantage lines, teams cannot go with him.

He is bigger, stronger, faster than Teddy, better defence, can take a hit up like a forward or crash over the line with 3 defenders on him, passes like a half, reads the game better than anyone, is athletic, fit, tall, good under the high ball. Guy is a machine. His stats this year, no one has done that in those limited games.

100% best player in game. Blown me away this year
Chompers Teethesco is going through his ‘Changa moment’ as the latter watched the spectre of Wombat coming up in the overtaking lane, c.1973-75.

It has taken Turbo a little longer than Wombat to get there at the respective stages of their careers, plus Tedesco is much younger than Langlands was at that stage, but the parallels are there.

in origin 3 he reminded me of gallen - just can't help himself, has to have another run for his stats regardless of what is going on.
Gallen was the worst for that. Got all the plaudits for his workrate with tackles and metres but made no impact in attack whatsoever.

Gallen was the worst for that. Got all the plaudits for his workrate with tackles and metres but made no impact in attack whatsoever.
did you heart the commentators talk about teddy after the game?
kept on about his work rate, no mention of his running around in circles hoping players would step aside so he could run through a non existent gap

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4