Trust me ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He cuts inside when our attack is going sideways and the defence is adequately numbered up. It’s mostly a symptom of slow play the balls. I’m glad he does it because it stops us running out of space on the side and going into touch or having to burn a play on the next tackle to centre it. If there’s enough room they will cut him out and throw it to Suli to put on his fend.
I would rather Chez just give early ball to Suli occasionally. Cut Siro out! I think it's a pre planned move most of the time and not just cos we are running out of space, Siro often cuts under in the centre of the field, there is plenty of space outside him

Hard for Sirro or anyone to pass to Suli when he is too lazy to keep up, stay close or back up multiple times in a few sets of 6.
Suli seems to believe the ball will just appear wherever he is standing.

Wtf? How is Suli lazy... I must be watching a different game but his form appears to be getting more disciplined and refined - he just hasn't been getting much early ball. Very slow to turn but our defence in the centres was diabolical before we bought siro and Thompson. I dont see Sulli missing many in defence. I just don't see this laziness...

Hard for Sirro or anyone to pass to Suli when he is too lazy to keep up, stay close or back up multiple times in a few sets of 6.
Suli seems to believe the ball will just appear wherever he is standing.
Look at how many hard runs Suli does, he is being used like a forward.

Compare Suli Parker on the hard runs from our line when under pressure.

Suli could be anything, needs early ball and DCE and Suli need to work on hole running.

Look at how many hard runs Suli does, he is being used like a forward.

Compare Suli Parker on the hard runs from our line when under pressure.

Suli could be anything, needs early ball and DCE and Suli need to work on hole running.

Suli has scored a couple of tries this season running off DCE. Definitely need more.

Wtf? How is Suli lazy... I must be watching a different game but his form appears to be getting more disciplined and refined - he just hasn't been getting much early ball. Very slow to turn but our defence in the centres was diabolical before we bought siro and Thompson. I dont see Sulli missing many in defence. I just don't see this laziness...

Did you not watch his defence last week?

He cuts inside when our attack is going sideways and the defence is adequately numbered up. It’s mostly a symptom of slow play the balls. I’m glad he does it because it stops us running out of space on the side and going into touch or having to burn a play on the next tackle to centre it. If there’s enough room they will cut him out and throw it to Suli to put on his fend.
Agree not only are we too slow to play the ball dummy half service is average at best

You've all got very short memories.

Sironen has copped two significant knee injuries in 2 seasons and has clearly modified his running style to accommodate and preserve his knee - in my view it's clear as day.

It's obviously not 100%, despite all the rehab and I think we'll see a more effective Sironen if they identify this, which I've no doubt they have and will address. Get the same kind of running coach in and focus on it over the off season in the same way Tedesco modified his style and look how effective he has become which could really help him fulfil his potential.

By virtue of this, Suli has been playing a harder running role and been doing it well, I think next year will really be the make or break for both of them. If we can't employ a more effective RHS attacking structure next season I hate to say it but we might see Sironen fall back in the pecking order.

Despite all this they are playing with passion and I'll defend them for that, this is just my opinion and I'm happy for some informed critique of my analysis.

We are WAY too flat and almost never cut out decoy runners. The first breeds the second.

Des is up there with the best man-managers and motivators but he needs assistance with coaching attack. He had Gifty, Killer and Snake last time around, maybe replace Cartwrong with them or someone else.

Wow @globaleagle I knew you were light on your feet but never realised you had a swerve and fend!
Although with Dessie in control, you young'uns won't get a look-in.

I was a left foot stepper, liked fullback, but when it came to touch footy...I got shunted to the right hand wing..which was funny as I'm kinda slow.

I did used to do the left..then right...then left step which left a lot of better players clutching at air a fair few times. Loved that.

But once the jersey got dirty.... I went off. Dirt is forwards work! lol.

If Des won't play young'uns.... that leaves me with 80 mins game time per week!

as for the original question/statement @Woodsie , I don't know.

It's strange as Siro was a 5/8th in his youth so he should still be able to read what;s in front of him.

there's a big diff when watching footage of gifty to Siro now. But like most things... I'm happy to wait until everyone is healthy. (inc coaches!)

I would rather Chez just give early ball to Suli occasionally. Cut Siro out! I think it's a pre planned move most of the time and not just cos we are running out of space, Siro often cuts under in the centre of the field, there is plenty of space outside him
Yep exactly - or run siro as a decoy. Siro reminds me of this kid in my sons under 10s. Ball gets to him and never goes wider.

We are WAY too flat and almost never cut out decoy runners. The first breeds the second.

Des is up there with the best man-managers and motivators but he needs assistance with coaching attack. He had Gifty, Killer and Snake last time around, maybe replace Cartwrong with them or someone else.
We still have snake in some capacity don’t we?

So .... after all those 54 posts .... no one has really addressed the issue ....

ARE WE BEING COACHED TO PLAY THAT WAY .... OR ARE THE PLAYERS JUST DOING WHAT THEY WANT TO ?????

So .... after all those 54 posts .... no one has really addressed the issue ....

ARE WE BEING COACHED TO PLAY THAT WAY .... OR ARE THE PLAYERS JUST DOING WHAT THEY WANT TO ?????

I did ya pillock

I said quite clearly...

I DON'T KNOW

:p:p

They are being coached that way, and the coach must be happy with that because he rarely drops anyone.
Obviously the 11 players in our roster who are not being picked haven't learnt the playbook yet.
"Mistake-free football", that's DESpicable's mantra.
I recall we were down 12-nil against the Worriers after a few minutes and we hadn't made a mistake. DESpicable must have been happy when he read those stats. I'm deducing that the stats DESpicable quotes from don't have the final score on them.

I suspect Des, as he did at the bulldogs, is playing to his forwards. I wouldn't be surprised if he's telling his players to stick to the centre, because the backline has little to offer. Of course I think this is negative play waiting for Turbo and Walker to return. And this is why the Sea Eagles have lost 6 of their last 8 games.

@Woodsie, based on how many set plays have we seen this year I don’t think it’s coached.

Des relies on mistake free footy, hence the team he selects. Problem for us is we are making more mistakes and the grind type of football is not up to the NRL standard this year with the rule changes.

I have not seen any well rehearsed plays, so I take it as the players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8